Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the car magazines are now owned by one giant company! Everything that was EMAP, used to be Petersen, was sold to PrimeMedia, who bought everything else, for over 500 Million!! So only a matter of time before some titles dissappear. My old favorite SUPER/STOCK and DI was lost when bought up before. :sad:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-10-31 06:13 ]</font>

·
Registered
586 Posts
Of course, we know what happens when there is only one voice. You only hear one story. Maybe it'll be tainted various shades.

Too bad. Lack of objectivity is coming to a magazine near you.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed that the Cobra roadtest in the MM&FF mag,showed up a month later in another Mustang mag......Exact same test. I used to like it when totaly different mags,and people test drove the same type car. Man I still miss those good old days......1965-70

·
Registered
835 Posts
Does that mean we'll have to live with the lead bottomed, rock head at MM&FF who thinks our cars weigh 3900 lbs. as our only Mustang correspondent? :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
I remember back when I bought my 87 LX, there were a couple great magazines. One was Cars Illustrated and the other was Hot Street Cars(or similar). They had a couple staff writers, Tony DeFeo and Neil Van Opre. I believe both had to go out and buy there Mustangs to test themselves :smile: They became the subject of many articles and Neil ended up writing for MM&FF. Actually there is some connection between those mags and MM&FF, at least in the early days. I have misplaced most of these and would pay good money to have replacements. They just had a writing style with an edge. Even MM&FF from the early 90's had it.

Tony wrote an article in a MM&FF about 3 or 4 years ago about that time in his life. That is one of the best pieces I have ever read in that rag and it came from an outside source. He had to deliver pizza in his Mustang to make ends meet. He had to sell it a year-and-a-half later because he couldn't afford to keep it. I think he said it made over 1000 passes down the 1/4, LOL.

Magazines these days are just watered down garbage for the most part. Everything is going to pooled information centers at Primedia to keep costs down(well profits up). And to boot, a freakin subscription to MM&FF cost like $28 :eek: I don't know about you, but when a damn car magazine that is basically paid for by advertisers starts costing more than one with naked women, something is terribly wrong with that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-10-02 22:51 ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts