Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

as you know i am working with the company that licenses use of the bullitt name. well they finally called and said we can do it.

only problem is here are the details...

i have to pay them 10 percent of the cost of the parts. not a problem i pay ford 8 percent anyway.

but they want a deposit of 10,000 of royalties up front that is NOT refundable.
this basically means that i have to sell 100,000 worth of stuff to be at 10 percent. man thats alot of stuff!!!! i really need to look at this a little closer and i was wandering if i could take a small poll...

i want to know if everyone that reads this would buy the following all in brushed aluminum...(or which you would buy)

bullitt license frame 65.00
bullitt shift knob 40.00
bullitt lighter 20.00
bullitt front grill insert 65.00
bullitt dipstick 22.00

regards
george
http://www.mgwltd.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MGWLTD on 2001-08-14 09:42 ]</font>

·
Registered
444 Posts
Go Figure that would happen. They probably see a golden opportunity to capitalize.

I'd be interested in the Licence plate frames and the shifter.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
george, i'm not so sure you can work this out to be a win situation for MGW. it sounds like a tough one!
i would order the plate frame, shift knob, and dipstick!
whatever happens, thanks for all of your time and efforts in trying to make our Bullitts even more special than they already are
we appreciate it!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'd buy the license plate frame & possibly the grill insert.

·
Registered
223 Posts
George

I would buy everything you can offer for the bullitt.

1 question would be what is the front grill insert.

I do not know how you will be able to accomplish covering the licensing. there just ins't enough bullit out there and everyone would have to buy everyone of the offered pieces. $212.00 for everything multiplied by at least 4500 bullit owners to get close to 100,000.00

I hate greedy people. Did you tell them that the market will not support this volume of parts?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I would purchase bullitt license frame, bullitt front grill insert, and the bullitt dipstick.

anumis

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
good question 2075
george, what exactly IS a "grill insert"?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they are cnc machined replacements for the plastic pony and corral on the front honeycomb grill. alot of people do not want to go thru the hassle of removing the plastic honeycomb so this is an easy upgrade.

here is a pic..

i am redesigniong these however as i am not happy with the gt and v6 logos. i am going to make a horse with drilled holes punched thru it like the matrix on the front windshield. i wasgoing to do the word bullitt in satin for the bullitt cars.

regards
george

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MGWLTD on 2001-08-14 12:14 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
thanks for the pic george

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
plus the fact that he came to this site 1st and foremost as a Bullitt owner then only 2nd as a provider of fine car accessories!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'd buy the items listed, plus I'd purchase a dash plaque if you offered one that showed our individual Bullitt serial number. I'd also mentioned in another posting about a replacement side GT emblem with Bullitt written in small script (like the GT-4.6L emlbem offered when the 4.6 came out). I'd buy two of those as well.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'd be in for at least the frame and dipstick. I'd have to think about the others.

An oil cap would be nice, too. I'd get one of those. :smile:

·
Registered
223 Posts
George

Thanks for the photo on the grill insert.

If you can make the parts I will definately buy them all. I have purchased a shifter knob for my old 96 gt from you and it was the highest quality piece I have ever seen. when I held it im my hand I was amazed at the weight. The knob spent a lot of time in the old stang and the polished finish held up perfectly.

If George can swing a deal with the Bullitt people I would highly suggest everyone buy from George. He does a top quality job.

Steve

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
the license plate frame, the dipstick, maybe the lighter too....( better then that plastic crap ford gave us) and an oil cap if they come available....

live long and prosper...

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I'd take a Plate Frame, Shifter knob, Dipstick, and then the e-brake handle, door pins, headlight knob and AC knobs just because I haven't ordered them yet! :smile:

Thanx for all the hard work George!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts