Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went for a little drive. I went south on Rt 221 up Bent Mountain and hopped on the Blue Ridge Parkway going south. I drove for about 45 minutes through some of the most beautiful country in southwest Virginia. Then I caught Rt 8 over to Floyd (a great little stretch of twists and turns) and then Rt 221 north back home and once again down Bent Mountain.

It was only about an hour and forty five minutes all told and I stopped a couple of times to catch a view. But that little drive was a blast. For the whole drive the most I did was maybe ten or fifteen miles over the speed limit, but the corkscrewedness (is that a word?) of the roads around here show you how much fun you can have on just a quick Sunday afternoon drive.

Most of the time I was out on those back roads there was no other traffic, it was just me, my car, and some good driving songs on the radio.

I love my Bullitt.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know what you mean, dude. My next ride, once the weather gets warmer, and drier, is Pacific Coast Hwy. Look forward to it. Not too many curves, but a nice straight length of road.

·
Registered
43 Posts
seano32b said:
I know what you mean, dude. My next ride, once the weather gets warmer, and drier, is Pacific Coast Hwy. Look forward to it. Not too many curves, but a nice straight length of road.

Pacific Coast Highway = not too many curves? I lived in Monterey for a few years and can't remember that road having anything resembling a strait. God I miss that drive and the scenery.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Pacific Coast Highway is great, driven it many times between Mendocino and Big Sur when I lived in Petaluma. It's real curvy and hilly in North Bay, wish I had my Bullitt then.
If you like straight roads, I recommend I70 across Kansas.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Bullitt0877 said:
The Pacific Coast Highway is great, driven it many times between Mendocino and Big Sur when I lived in Petaluma. It's real curvy and hilly in North Bay, wish I had my Bullitt then.
If you like straight roads, I recommend I70 across Kansas.
Been there done that, I Lived in the North Bay for years pre BULLITT also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.