Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
He quoted me 400 $ to get it tuned, with me already having the tuner. He didnt think my car will do much more than 250 rwhp. All have a jlt cai, bbk longtubes, shorty bbk catted h pipe, magnapack catback, and 3:73's if that helps putting more power to the ground. Although a bit intriqued he only thought around 250 seeing some of the other numbers on this site, but we only have 91 octane here so idk. He did mention to me when i put my longtubes on that the cork header gaskets that come with my bbk longtubes are junk...kinda scared me. but all keep you posted. i plan on getting it tuned in the next month or so !!

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Don't get too wrapped up with the numbers on the dyno. It's a great tool for tuning. But as long as the guy tuning knows what he is doing, the numbers don't really matter. Different dynos at different shops will give you different numbers.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
What's wrong with the tune you that came with your programmer? If tuning just for WOT,with your mods,a box tune,with a little tweaking,should be fine,if you have a way to measure your A/F ratio.
I had excellent results with the SCT Xcall tuner,with headers,JLT and 3.73 gear...a nice 13.0 WOT A/F.
Make a few passes down the track and see how your MPH looks,before you spend big bucks.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Mus408 said:
What's wrong with the tune you that came with your programmer? If tuning just for WOT,with your mods,a box tune,with a little tweaking,should be fine,if you have a way to measure your A/F ratio.
I had excellent results with the SCT Xcall tuner,with headers,JLT and 3.73 gear...a nice 13.0 WOT A/F.
Make a few passes down the track and see how your MPH looks,before you spend big bucks.
i 2nd that

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
250RWHP is a little low for those mods. 265-270 sounds more like it. I had 254 w/o the long tubes. I would think long tubes should add 12-15. Keep us posted once you are done with the work.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright will do, just picked my longtubes up today. Im probably going to put them in this or next sunday and get it tuned the following week. As far as me playing with the tuner.... i have the sct tuner as well but i really would have no idea what i was doing with me playing around with that stuff that id mess it up =/

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
TRUEBLUE3934 said:
250RWHP is a little low for those mods. 265-270 sounds more like it. I had 254 w/o the long tubes. I would think long tubes should add 12-15. Keep us posted once you are done with the work.
My car made 251 hp and, I think, 287 torque after it was tuned. Long tubes, off-road x, and pulleys. But it trapped at almost 105 before it was tuned. My numbers sucked, but it didn't translate at the track. Again, don't get too wrapped up with them.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Got my car dyno'd today. Spur of the moment same mods as listed as above it made 260.3 rwhp and 292 rwtq. Still raining over here so not to sure about performace diff, but maybe wedensday it will clear up and all head out

·
Registered
273 Posts
Nice numbers. How does it feel, any faster??

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, it feels much smoother while accelerating, but the roads have been so drenched from the rain, that the few times i got on it, i started getting sideways and i didnt wanna reck my car. So when it clears up all be glad to share what she feels like now !!

·
Registered
113 Posts
whatcha gonna do when you have to smog that beast? just curious. nice numbers buddy :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ummm my friend knows someone who will do it under the table for me, and i know someone as well. hopefully that will pan out, if not idk. I got a year n a half before i have to worry about it.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
01GTB said:
My car made 251 hp and, I think, 287 torque after it was tuned. Long tubes, off-road x, and pulleys. But it trapped at almost 105 before it was tuned. My numbers sucked, but it didn't translate at the track. Again, don't get too wrapped up with them.
Keith,
You are right that simply looking at peak numbers don't translate to the track. I'm sure that you gained a fair amount of torque across the usable range, not just at the peak. That will show up at the track!

This 260+rwhp figure sounds more reasonable than the 250 figure given to him earlier. Of coarse, each dyno is a little different and not very repeatable, so sweating the exact figure is not worthwhile. The track doesn't lie :wink:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
i haven't paid much attention to what the 99-04 mustangs can gain performance wise but c6 vettes with just an ls3 can gain 20-25whp with just a good tune. i would be curious as to what my car would make with a tune. its at 248/287 with just a mid pipe

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
240_Bullitt said:
i haven't paid much attention to what the 99-04 mustangs can gain performance wise but c6 vettes with just an ls3 can gain 20-25whp with just a good tune. i would be curious as to what my car would make with a tune. its at 248/287 with just a mid pipe
So did you just get your car dyno'd without a tune. How do you know your #'s

·
Registered
618 Posts
That TQ number is nice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.