Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, while driving at a high rate of speed during a heavy Florida rain downpour I felt several drops of water drip on my throttle foot. Has anyone else experienced this and/or is a common malady of Ford or the Mustang?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did check the engine compartment several days later to look for anything obvious but, didn't see anything. I believe it must have come from the cowl area under the wipers.

I need to purchase the shop manuals so that I can look into it further.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I drove mine in the rain of Tropical Storm Allison in June here in the Houston area. Both days - Tuesday (the day after I took deliver)and Friday. No leaks.

Have you considered condensation from the AC as a possible sulprit?

·
Registered
663 Posts
I worked for Ford for several years, and this sounds like the classic leaking windshiled seal. The seal may have a small section where the sealent has a gap in it, causing the water to enter and run down into the footwell. You can't see the spot where the sealant is missing until the widshield is removed. The caulking is applied onto the body before the glass is put into place. Sometimes the starting point of the sealant doesn't quite reach the ending point. I have seen this on all types of Fords: Taurus, F-series, lincolns, Mustangs, you name it. Take it back to the dealer for a warranty reseal. :-B

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Super BullittHead this kind of information is invaluable. Of coarse I don't look forward to having someone pull the windshield to fix a problem and not create another one. Although, the body shop at my dealer did an excellent job of aligning my right hand door which came from the factory misaligned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts