Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into MT streets or slicks but not sure if it is possible with our brakes. Anyone know a reasonable priced rim that will work. What backspacing do we need? I have read on this site 5, 6.5 etc. Our stock bullitt rim is 5.72 backspacing.

MTStreets now come in 26x11.5x 17 and could mount on a 8 inch wide rim. Only concern is how much better traction can these offer from the MT Street radials?
Thanks....

·
Registered
394 Posts
I believe Bogarts and Centerline convo pro will fit over the rear. For the front I think you will need to use a spacer to clear the front.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
What spacers does everyone recommend for the front? Size, brand? Where can you get them from? I've seen the different kinds, some bolt on's and some not. I've read some bad things about the bolt on's studs not being very strong.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
want to know if a rim will work with no modifications other than spacer

Yes I read DHG 1005 Have Bullitt Will Travel post and saw you need a 7/16 (which is ok) spacer on fronts with the rims he has But he removed his quad shocks to fit in the rear. I am looking for a definitive answer where a particular rim will fit without having to grind the brakes or remove anything. I searched the forums but did not see a clear cut answer. I need to know for sure before spending any money. I just paid $400 for MT Street radials thinking the would spin and I still dont have traction 1st or second. Also Bogarts are very expensive.

I also am looking for a definitive answer on the backspacing. I have seen 5.5 and 6.5 and our stock rims are 5.72.

MT Streets now come in 26x11.5x17 which would fit out stock 17x8 rim but I am not sure how much better they will hook than the ET Street Radials I just bought. I wont spend all that money on 2 tires and 2 extra rims if they will still spin. Also I would like to know options for a taller size tire in case i start running out of gear. I will def need more mph when I use the race gas tune and nitrous.

So anyone who uses these size rims let me know what brand/size and if they clear.
Thanks

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Need hubcentric spacer

itsabullitt said:
What spacers does everyone recommend for the front? Size, brand? Where can you get them from? I've seen the different kinds, some bolt on's and some not. I've read some bad things about the bolt on's studs not being very strong.
I have 1 inch hubcentric spacers on the rear from H&R. You wont have to worry about the studs with hubcentric spacers. I think i paid aro9und a $100 for them and they are very nice.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Thank you, Iw as mainly looking for front spacers as I would also like to get a set of slicks and skinnies at some point as well. MustangMarkus has convo ET's in a 15x8.5 and I believe he said he doesn't have any clearance issues. Supposedly any of the Convo line are this way. May try getting ahold of him to verify.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Most Centerline rims will fit the rear. At least the 8.5" or 9" width. I have a set of autodrags for my car. Found them cheap on ebay/corral. Not sure of the exact witdth or backspacing. I will try to double check for you. I have a set of DRs on them and they work better than 17s, but with my stiff suspension I wish I would have went with the 10" wide and the biggest tires I could fit. It is tough trying to autocross and drag the same car :(

If you find out the proper 10" wide wheels to get, please post it up.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
itsabullitt said:
Thank you, Iw as mainly looking for front spacers as I would also like to get a set of slicks and skinnies at some point as well. MustangMarkus has convo ET's in a 15x8.5 and I believe he said he doesn't have any clearance issues. Supposedly any of the Convo line are this way. May try getting ahold of him to verify.
No, no clearance issues with the rears and mine are 15x10" in the rear. There are no fitment issues with the 15x8 either--Convo ET or Convo Pro. I don't know about the others. Up front the 15x4 (skinny) needs spacers to clear the brake calipers. I also use the hubcentric 30mm spacers from H&R. Anything less than 30mm, it will rub and you will be re-painting the calipers! Yes, that is experience talking. With my 4.10's, I will be using a smaller slick. My next set of slicks will be 10.5 x 26" tall slick. The 28's are just too tall. Or make more power...which ever comes first. (28" tall slick in sig)

But, if I were to do it all over again, I would have gone with the bogarts. They come with spacers already fit onto the wheel. Look to HaveBullittWillTravel. He has the Bogarts, and they don't give them away. Before I had a line-lock, it was real fun trying to get the spacers torqued to spec. Another benefit of the line lock...

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mustang Markus, I called centerline and they could not guarantee me that the rims would fit. I saw some people say they had to grind the calipers or put in GT brakes?
I feel i need to go to a 28 inch ET Drag tire. The ET Street DRag radials arent giving me any traction in first or second and I seem to be running out of gear with the 4.10's. I am at about 125mph at close to 7000rpm before the end of the track so i think the 28 inch tires will help. Why do you want to go back to a 26 inch tire?
Also I have a line loc why do you say the rims will fit better with the line loc. I would think it would be another thing to worry about clearing?
The ET Streets come in a 26 x 10.5 x 17 size which can go on your stock rim. I was told they arent that good because there isnt enough sidewall for traction.
What backspacing did you order with your Convo Pro 15 x 10? People using the Weld's 15 x 10 with 6.5 backspacing said they don't fit. But your Convo's fit with stock bullitt brakes out back??
Have Bullitt will travel said in one of his posts that he had to do minor grinding to get the bogarts to fit. Yours fit fine without having to do anything out back?? And you only needed a 30mm spacer to fit the skinnies with 15 x 4 rim??
Arent the bogarts like $450 each??
thanks

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
You only have to grind the caliper nut with the Weld's and now the Bogart's that I know of. I, nor Paul had to grind anything with these rims. Just the spacers for the FRONT to clear the brakes.

The line lock keeps the front spindles locked when trying to torque the spacers on. Without it, it would just keep spinning around.

I think the BS was 5 or 5.5". They don't offer many backspacing choices with the 15x10's, so whichever it is, 5 or 5.5". I agree with the 17" et streets and the sidewall issue.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So how did you torque the spacers on the front without the line loc? When I spoke with Centerline i thought they told me the backspacing to get was 6.5. Did you specify when you ordered your rims from Centerline or did they send you what they thought was right? The difference between 5 adn 5.5 could mean they won't fit.
Your Bullitt looks great with those rims and tires. I think I like the Convo's better than the Bogarts? They do look a little harder to clean though? But for that look who cares?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts