Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past couple of weeks, I have been driving my college car because of the bad weather. So, I was driving through town and a Mustang catches my eye in the rear-view mirror. It was reddish-orange in color. It stops right next to me at a stop light. I looked it over and was I surprised! It had the Bullitt wheels (which I know aren't exclusive to the Bullitt), the Bullitt fuel cap door, no spoiler and looks like it might have been lowered a bit. It appeared to be a V6 because it had single exhaust. Anyways, this person wanted their Mustang to look somewhat like the Bullitt. As I was looking at it, I was saying to myself, "I wish I was in my Bullitt now!!!!" That would have been so cool. Anyways, it looked pretty good and it's cool that they liked the Bullitt look enough to make their V6 look like it.

Then, as I pull in the mall parking lot, two pretty good looking girls were looking at a new Mustang GT and saying that it looked cool. Again, "i wish I was in my Bullitt now!!!"

Oh well, better luck next time.

Anything similiar happened to you?

·
Premium Member
18,850 Posts
All the time, Dan!
I'll be driving my wife's Jeep or my Miata
and some Camaro SS or Trans Am (no offense)
will blow by me and all I can do is shake
my head and mutter "wish I was in my Bullitt".

BTW Dan, how many vehicles do you have?
That's cool that you don't have to drive
your Bullitt or your WS6 when the weather
is bad.
DHG #3875
Modifications:
BULLITT chase scene recreated on rear dash
with Revell 1/25 scale 68 GT 390 Fastback and
68 Charger R/T metal body models. Unfortunately
the hub caps don't come off the Charger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-01-15 10:54 ]</font>

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey PY, what's up? (Check your PM). My college car is a 1991 Dodge Daytona V6. It is my dependable, trustworthy, much loved car. All the dealers I talked to asked me if I wanted to trade it in and I said NO WAY!!! It is very fun to drive and good for those bad weather days. However, you don't want to be in it when you are next to a sports/muscle car!

·
Registered
394 Posts
The same thing happens to me. Whenever I'm in my daily driver I always see really nice Mustangs and Camaro's everywhere. I also see people checking out Mustangs when they are parked. Whenever I'm in the Bullitt they just seem to dissapear. IT could be that when I'm in the Bullitt traveling from point A to B I am going so much faster that I'm spending a lot less time on the road. :smile: :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT00208 on 2002-01-15 11:09 ]</font>

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-15 11:09, BULLITT00208 wrote:
The same thing happens to me. Whenever I'm in my daily driver I always see really nice Mustangs and Camaro's everywhere. I also see people checking out Mustangs when they are parked. Whenever I'm in the Bullitt they just seem to dissapear. IT could be that when I'm in the Bullitt traveling from point A to B I am going so much faster that I'm spending a lot less time on the road. :smile: :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT00208 on 2002-01-15 11:09 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

The exact same thing happens to me!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-15 14:41, Micah wrote:
I don't have this problem. My Bullitt is my daily driver :smile:

Downside - boy, that thing gets dirty quick
I know that feeling well, I have to contend will leaves from a nearby tree, not to mention them damn birds...

·
Registered
410 Posts
I know the feeling, I drive 50 miles to work and 50 back in my company vehicle and do I miss my Bullitt,When A Camaro or Firebird fly by.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I thought this just happened to me. I’ll have to drive 35 miles to my wife's place of work to exchange cars, and not see one camaro, firebird, mustang, etc. Pick up her Explorer, drive the same way back, and every Mustang, TA, Camaro in the damn state will be going my way, blowing right by me. What’s up with that?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FASTBULLITT on 2002-01-15 19:29 ]</font>

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
1007 is my daily driver for the next few days because my F150 is getting the front end rebuilt so it will pass inspection. The Buddy I'm paying to have it done, wanted to know why I didn't do it my self. So I showed him Kay's 67 FB and told him I didn't need distractions.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
If it's not one thing, it’s another. I was driving home after getting my oil changed. I was running late and didn’t fill up before I
left. So my fuel gauge is at the bottom of the orange, and the low fuel light came on about 15-20 miles back. So I slow to 60, to conserve gas so that I can make it to this gas station I know of that has the cheapest price in town. It’s about 10 more miles ahead. So I’m taking a chance of running out of gas as it is.
What’da know, I see a Pontiac coming up behind me. He slows, and matches my speed when he gets beside me. I'm not sure if it was a Firebird or a Transam, but it had WS6 on the back. The highway ahead is two lanes, is straight and no traffic in sight! Here I am riding on fumes. Crap crap crap! I know he’s got me in HP, but I would’ve liked to see what he could do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FASTBULLITT on 2002-01-16 15:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On 2002-01-16 15:09, FASTBULLITT wrote:
If it's not one thing, it’s another. I was driving home after getting my oil changed. I was running late and didn’t fill up before I
left. So my fuel gauge is at the bottom of the orange, and the low fuel light came on about 15-20 miles back. So I slow to 60, to conserve gas so that I can make it to this gas station I know of that has the cheapest price in town. It’s about 10 more miles ahead. So I’m taking a chance of running out of gas as it is.
What’da know, I see a Pontiac coming up behind me. He slows, and matches my speed when he gets beside me. I'm not sure if it was a Firebird or a Transam, but it had WS6 on the back. The highway ahead is two lanes, is straight and no traffic in sight! Here I am riding on fumes. Crap crap crap! I know he’s got me in HP, but I would’ve liked to see what he could do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FASTBULLITT on 2002-01-16 15:10 ]</font>

Better luck next time.

Well, it depends on what year it is. If it was a 2002 then it must have been a Trans Am Ram Air, but if not it could have been either a Trans Am or Formula WS6.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts