Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be doing a cai, aluminum driveshaft, strut tower brace, pro 5.0 shifter, crank pulley, steeda t/a, bassani catted x and catback. What gears do you think will be good gears to go with these mods. It will be at the drag strip everyother weekend or so and is a daily driver. What other mods would be good. thanx

wes

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've used both the Pro5.0 and the Tri-ax. The Tri-ax is a superior shifter, so if your thinking about it, I'd get in on that bullitt club tri-ax buy.
The bassani x's didn't fit well on '99 when they didn't have cats.. Always rubbing the center holder for the 3-4 O2's. So I think your paying more for a name the quality there (just my own opinion).
For a daily-driver you really shouldn't pass 3.55 gears (unless that daily-driver means short distance to work, then 3.73).

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about the pro 5.0 base and tri-ax handle.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I wouldn't worry about 3.73's in a daily driver. If you're really serious about 1/4 times, I'd put in 4.10's, assuming you can live with on the street. Also, I don't think I'd even bother with the Bassani.

·
Registered
543 Posts
1248Bullitt, I had a Tri-Ax and replaced it with a Pro 5.0 about two weeks ago. My previous stangs had Pro 5.0s. Just like them better. The Tri-Ax is 100% better than stock and the new Pro 5.0 for the 3650 is 150% better than stock IMHO. The Pro 5.0 with an MGW handle is a combo hard to beat.

John

·
Registered
452 Posts
Exhaust: I had the bassani w/o cats and magnaflow set up on my 2000GT. IT sounded great (more exotic then muscle car though), but defenetly lost low end torge. Plus the cost of this set up is 500-700 bucks. I put the MAC off road H pipe on my Bullitt and it sounds great (muscle Car Rumble) with the Bullitt cat back. You really do not gain much HP with CAT back just sound. So with my new set up, same if not more power and it was only 114 bucks, and I keep the rolled exhuast tips. PS you will need MILS

IF you are going to get a CAI, I would highly recommened a MAF, I have the PRO M 87/ WMS set up. And it screams now. But I would also look at the C&L 80

Gears: if you are staying N/A go 410's all the way.... if you are thinks SC/Nos then go 373's or 410's with a larger tire.

shifter: love my Tri ax....

I would do your exhast and MAF/CIA and get a dyno with A/F and look at a timing adjuster next. Pulley should not hurt either.

just my 2 cents.

Doug

·
Registered
41 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-09 10:42, TrueBlueBullitt wrote:
1248Bullitt, I had a Tri-Ax and replaced it with a Pro 5.0 about two weeks ago. My previous stangs had Pro 5.0s. Just like them better. The Tri-Ax is 100% better than stock and the new Pro 5.0 for the 3650 is 150% better than stock IMHO. The Pro 5.0 with an MGW handle is a combo hard to beat.

John

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
I guess if you like loose gates.. The PRO is great.. But if you want a shifter with strong enough gates to find 3rd-4th for you use the Tri-ax base. It just depends on what you like.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlue3002 on 2001-10-09 19:04 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I think your proposed mods sound fine. You can see below that I picked some similar mods. I've decided against any exhaust mods because the note the stock system makes is too much a part of the soul of the car...wouldn't want to mess with that fine sound. The 3.73's should be fine for you. RPM's build QUICK. 4.10's must be a handful...I have new respect for you 1/4 mile guys...you must be shifting into second just about the time the car starts moving! I intend to gat a premium fuel/higher rev limiter chip burned at some point.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Sounds about like what I have planed.. There has been ALOT of discussion about gears. Just do a search for 3.73 and 4.10 and you should have more information than you want :wink:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree with learo 4.10's are great. I travel 300 miles back and forth every other weekend and Have not dramtically hurt my gas mileage. Learo, how much did the PRO_M/WMS setup run you? let me know..... thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
I wouldn't waste my time (or money) on the pulley. The T/A is worth it (finally you can adjust the timing for the quality of fuel available). Put on a CAI/MAF combo to let the motor breathe (although this probably only makes power as vehicle speed increases, and the power increase may be negligable, but the motor will run smother). The gears for racing are definitely 4.10s. If you do gears then you have to get the Aluminum Driveshaft. I'd also go with the MAC offroad H-pipe (I've got one goming in the mail). The shifter preference is just that, a matter of personal preference. But if you're drag racing. I like the Tri-Ax (my latest mod).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts