Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off im 17 and have a part time job so i cant be putting alot of money into my car. I however would like to do somethings..The previous owner changed it to a 3:73 and put in a short throw shifter as well as a few other minor things. Are theyre any mods you can think off that are affordable that are worth it?

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Hood struts
CAI w/K&N filter
Shorty Antenna
Swap out "GT" badging
Sequential tail lights
"Bullitt" floor mats

Look at my sig for other mods.

Check out www.mrt-direct.com. All my mods were done thru these guys. You can order over the Internet. Call them and ask for Dan Garn and mention my name (Bill Flynn).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, do those shorties take away reception? Anyone else have any suggs?

·
Registered
967 Posts
ya springs are a great mod to do for the price if you do it yourself. its not that hard with a helping hand. If you do springs i recomend H&R supersports. i dont know if your car has bigger wheels and tires but you could always save up for a while and buy a new set. That was the first thing i did and it took me a while saving up while working at the BK lounge or as most people call it Burger King. I was glad i waited. But then my Bullitt was faster than all my friends cars hands down at the track so i went more for appearance than performance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just added all my mods to my sig, take a look and let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
If it were me.....

I'd do as much as I could to stiffen the chassis of the car to make the most of the suspension. I'd start by welding in the stoutest sub-frame connectors I could find.

Then lowering springs unless you can afford to go to coil-overs.

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
punk lancelot said:
If it were me.....

I'd do as much as I could to stiffen the chassis of the car to make the most of the suspension. I'd start by welding in the stoutest sub-frame connectors I could find.

Then lowering springs unless you can afford to go to coil-overs.
+1. Performance and looks at the same time.

·
Registered
967 Posts
looks good. im definitely going to do the mach 1 grill delete soon. I would go with suspension if i were you. especially if you can do it yourself.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I would suggest suspension mods as well. I think you get more bang for your buck + you can "feel" the difference much better than normal bolt ons, unless its a blower.:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I havn't done much on appearance but here are some things i have done

1.) custom license plate (~$45)
2.) 3 piece mach one grille delete kit ($105) or ebay stores ($70)
3.) get some HID's off ebay stores, i paid 160 (euro efx kit) ($160)
4.) tail light tint from stangmods.com ($60)

performance:

1.)JLT cold air intake ($220)
2.)A new x-pipe sounds good (price varies)
3.) r1concepts.com cross drilled and slotted rotors ($400)

I dont know much about suspension work ever since my brother dropped his truck and afterwords it felt like your were floating on the highway bouncing...

·
Registered
967 Posts
+1 on the subframe connectors.
Standard length subframes from Maximum Motorsports $79.00 (bare steel)
Clean them good with a can of Brakekleen 3 or $4.00
Prime and paint them yourself $10.00
Get a shop to weld them on for you (for me it was $180.00) If you know a welder buddy your good to go.
R/T.J.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts