Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to hear what everyone else's long term plans are down the road with their Bullitts. My son (20 mo.'s) already points at mine and at one time called it "Daddy's car." That has changed, now it's known as "Aaron's car." Well, I'll just have to keep it forever and let him drive a limited edition classic to his High School prom, if he earns it! For now, I'll add some mods and keep "My Eleanor" in the garage to preserve her beauty!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
never going to sell 890. was planning on having a classic someday that didn't need to be restored. now that the left quarter is being repainted, i am going to drive it hard and restore it in the future.
Bullitt#890 DHG

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt890 on 2002-04-13 17:29 ]</font>

·
Registered
140 Posts
I could end up having this car for a long time after reading Art Hydes article in Mustang Times. I can't imagine a front wheel drive Mustang.Someone in another post mentioned something about Ford messing a good thing up again.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I would sell my car you guys konw that
But I thougt of Mods when I read this post so
Steeda R hood
18 inch Cregger SS wheels
Cobra Front Bumper
Chome the intake
Chrome Cold air kit
Remove the Race Stripes
2 chmber flowmasters
Springs
& who knows what else

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm keeping my Bullitt for a long, long, time usless my 18 year old son somehow sticks me in a nursing home before my time. I'd better keep an eye on that boy.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
will keep mine for a while. not sure how long. i am not very sentamental when it comes to personal possesions.

would like to mod.

would i sell? Maybe.

would i trade? Maybe.

would i keep? Probably. :wink:

·
Premium Member
12,940 Posts
My 11 year old son keeps reminding me that he gets the car someday...and I keep reminding him that may not be until after I'm long gone, his response is by that time he'll have the only car not flying! :lol:

·
Registered
163 Posts
My initial plan was to keep #692 for a long time, however, I really want a vert with this nice weather we have been having.

So I would guess I will sell 692 for a vert cobra sometime in the future. Sorry!!

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I really like my bullitt and I'll probably keep her a while but I'm really interested in the 2003 cobra and I'm kinda hesitating on the mods untill this car comes out. I don't see the point of moding this car when I can buy a 400 horsepower cobra for about 35,000 that's completely covered. I really do enjoy what the bullitt has to offer but I'm really looking for more power.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Grandaughters are going to fight over it (3) :lol: ...... But i've got 10 years yet. !!!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I plan to keep mine, keep it garaged, drive it on weekends, and try to drive it under 3K miles annually, so that 20 years from now it won't need to be restored.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I screwed up when I got Married and sold my 67 Fastback (BULLITT ) look a like. And I'm not going to do that again

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Sell? Never. This is my first and only Mustang. I may end up getting a 'Vert for the wife.. possibly a classic one at that. But I plan on having my Bullitt forever.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I think I'm gonna keep 3753. After all, I'm about to dump a lot of money into her... ie: custom hood, new decklid, 2000 Cobra Rs, engine tuning for a hopeful 400+hp without a blower or Noz. Then, maybe a turbo...

But, unless my daughter decides that she doesn't want a Mustang, which is highly doubtful since the day she saw the car she wanted to drive it, I won't be getting rid of her... I mean the car!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I must admit when I first approached the Bullitt it was pure lust. Sure she was expensive but for that kind of wild fling, kick in the pants I figured she may be worth it.
Deep inside I feel I may be falling for her now. I wasn't looking for a commitment, as I already have a beautiful wife, but that's how these things start sometimes.
Usually Bullitts are looking for something more stable and secure than a helicopter pilot but if she'll have me I think we could share a long term relationship.
:roll:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I plan on holding on to 4995, Black Beauty. Always garaged, never driven in the winter months, and only driven on weekends. And it has never been driven in the rain. :smile: Want to keep her looking PRESTINE ! :wink:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I PLAN ON KEEPING MY BULLITT FOR A VERY LONG TIME. I HAVE AN 8 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER WHO WILL BE DRIVING IT TO MY FUNERAL!!!!!!!!!! I PARK IT IN THE GARAGE AND TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME IT GOT RAINED ON!!!!!! SAD DAY IN BULLITT HISTORY!!! :lol:

BLACK BULLITT #3351

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-04-14 12:06 ]</font>

·
Registered
227 Posts
#01203 is going to be in the family for a long time to come. I couldn't stand to part with her. Keep her garaged and maintained and just maybe just one or two mods and enjoy the experience of this car :-B :-B

·
Banned
975 Posts
"Mb4875" is in a Trust for my Grandson,Justin. He just turned 3 Years old, So I will drive and maint the Bullitt until he turns 21. So in 18 years I will give it up. I hope that I am here to do that.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts