Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Well I still have my 85 LX,after almost 17yrs!! So at least that much for the Bullitt. I plan on keeping both for a good while!!

·
Premium Member
18,841 Posts
DHG #3875 will never be sold or traded by me. I plan on keeping this Bullitt the rest of my life. Keeping it in the garage under two covers. Going for what the Corvette folks call a "survivor" car. That means avoiding restoration. :smile:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I hope to put over 1 million miles on my Bullitt and after she won't move any more, I'll roll the windows down, mount her on a pole and she can be a birdhouse for the Bald Eagles.

334 Posts
Think this IS the car for me.Always had a lov
for Hi-Po Fords and believe that this is the one that I was meant to own.Besides my belove
69 Cougar XR7 GT 390 which I sold when I met my wife and got a life there wasn't the time or money to own some of the nice Ford pieces that have come down the road in the last 20 years or so.Didn't know anything about the 01
BULLITT when I stopped in at the local Ford dealer just to look at the latest Mustang platform and was knocked out by the car!
The rest is history and we are now the proud owners of DHG#4120.Good things do come to those wait and plan on keeping the car a long
time.

Dale & Rachel Robertson

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think I'll keep this one! I only plan on adding to my Mustang collection (I've got my eye on a 71 Mach 1 near my house). However, I do plan on making a few tasteful modifications to the powertrain, but NOT the exterior (I bought it because it's a sleeper).

·
Registered
821 Posts
I will keep her forever, no reason not to!!!!!

I second the "1 million miles" and add:

"and beyond....."

B U L L E T T A F O R E V E R

Bubbles

·
Registered
694 Posts
Tough to for us to answer that. We bought the car for it's collectability and driving fun but you never know. It never will be as rare as a Shelby or a lot of special cars. Our Bullitt is more of a garage queen right now but I am thinking it should be used more than it is. I guess if we drive it about 3,000 miles per year and keep it into retirement, it will keep us young.
BTW, the weather was great yesterday (no snow or rain) so we had her on the road for a 70 mile ride around the area. Yesterday was both my 52nd birthday and our 2nd anniversary (same day) so we took it for a good run and then out for a fine meal at a local restaurant. Kind of made me feel like I was back in my teenager days. Gotta love it.

·
Premium Member
18,841 Posts
Bulittt! HEY! HEY! HEY! Happy birthday AND happy anniversary!!! :smile:

·
Registered
53 Posts
i don't want to be "that guy" who had the great car back in the day then had to sell it..come on i'm 22 and i hope to be six feet under while in my bullitt. not for sale!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
This is a tough one. After talking to a lot of people this is what I have come up with. My mods are done for the time being and later will add a blower. I intend on getting some good after market heads once the warenty is gone. as well as cams. The intake will have a matching port and the ex-hond job done on her too.
I would like to dress up the engine a little chrome here and there.
I plane On haveing this car long after I have lost my liscense. :smile:

·
Registered
202 Posts
I truly love the understated look of this car. Since the Mustang platform will change in another year or so I think this car is the apex of the SN95 edition. I think most of my mods have already been done with the exception of gears and tires. When this engine gives up or the warranty expires I intend to replace the whole shootin' match with a Saleen S281E crate engine. 425 horsepower with a full warranty and all you gotta do is bolt it in. Kind of like a heart transplant! Of course if you were to ask me tomorrow I would have different plans. Cheers! Tony

·
Registered
257 Posts
Plan on keeping mine forever. If something else comes along I like I sure as hell won't sell or trade my BULLITT. It's just money. I can always make more.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
She's a keeper. I've had other Mustangs, but this is my first one as the original owner. It will be left in my will for my son. I hope that will be a long time from now.:grin:

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
I was supposed to be buried in my Mach, so what will happen to the Bullitt?
Good question.
This is not a garage queen, not a show car, not afraid of the rain....just the funnest, baddest, most exciting daily driver I've ever owned.
I have to choose which car to drive each morning, maybe they'll have to choose which one to bury me in. :wink: :wink:
seriously though, I plan on driving this car til she's done, then let her retire and get restored to be a garage queen/show car like her mom, the Mach.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 6treva9 on 2002-04-18 11:20 ]</font>

·
Registered
309 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-04-14 17:56, Bulittt wrote:
I guess if we drive it about 3,000 miles per year...
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Per year?? I do that in a month and a half! :grin:

I'm not thinking too long term with this car. I plan to pay it off, mod the balls off of it once the warranty is up, and then take it from there. :smile:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Keep her as long as possible, and drive her as least as possible, BTW, extremely hard to do. She'll be a daily while I restore the Chevelle, gulp, then what happens? Two cars I wont drive everyday, oh well, buy a second beater.

Bullitt #4915(Black)
Mods-Superchips(for the time being)
1970 Chevelle

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nvr2Fast on 2002-04-16 20:16 ]</font>

·
Registered
144 Posts
I will either total it and myself, or I will have myself laid to rest in it with my right hand strapped to the shifter and two toothpicks propping open my mouth in a big smile. :grin:

21 - 40 of 43 Posts