Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to tint the windows on the Bullitt. Should I get the smoked or the platinum tint? The car is True Blue.

·
Registered
57 Posts
just had mine done yesterday. got the dark 35% tint (have to say legal in the austin area, LOL) put 20% in the back lil windows and back window, and boy does it make it look mean, plus its keeping my lil silver ball a lil cooler also :smile:

personally i am not real big on that silver tint on dark color cars, makes the windows stand out more than they need to, plus the black tint on my is picking up some of the color off the car so it you look at it right the windows have a dark green tint to them.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hey GT Devo.. do you have a pic with your tint by any chance?? if you can email it to me that would be cool.. thanks

Doug

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've got pics up of mine with 5% all the way around. Get them up as soon as they are posted permenantly. You can kinda see the tint in my signature though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lok N Lod on 2001-07-27 00:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lok N Lod on 2001-07-27 00:57 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
GT_Devo:

Where did you have it done, and how did they handle the matrix dots on the rear window?

·
Registered
57 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-26 19:55, Dillo Dave wrote:
GT_Devo:

Where did you have it done, and how did they handle the matrix dots on the rear window?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

i am in Waco for the week, had my regular tint shop do the work for me, they have done my both my 66' stang and my Ranger pickup.

they did a really good job over those dots, they guy told me that if the tint wouldnt stick to it that he would very so lightly sand the gloss off the dots so they where not so smooth so it would stick.

I forgot to ask what he had to do. but it looks great, at first it looked funny but that was just cus there was a lil bit of water in-between the dots, after it got hot it all went away and looks great now. not one complait about it.

Hey Lok N Lod: does your state allow limo tint all the way around or did you just do it? Texas has a law that on the front side windows it has to be 35% and then back side and rear window can be as dark as you want them. i was thinking about limo all the way around like you but i am sure the austin cops would ticket me and make me rip it off.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well the opinion varies in Indiana. I've heard its legal and I've heard it's not. Bottom line is I have seen plenty around that have it and have had NO problem. The shop was willing to do it so it's done. If it is illegal the cops don't enforce it. I used to live in Illinois and their law is as deep as you want on the side back, and back windows and NONE on the front side windows

·
Registered
568 Posts
Lok, a good friend was pulled over by a Porter County sheriff in his F250 & ticketed for illegal tint on his side windows (he had 35%). The cop said if he took it off & came out to the station within a week, he'd reduce the fine. So he scrapped the tint off the windows & sure enough the cop threw out the ticket & wrote him a warning. I've been pulled over by Valpo cops in my 85 GT & harrassed about the tint being too dark, but they've never actually given me a ticket. Once, a cop gave me the "how many fingers" test, but I could easily see him, so he didn't bother with a ticket. I don't know the %, but I can't see my backup lights at night through the hatch glass, so it must be dark.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts