Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1147 was wrecked and i think the correct computer got taken out of the car along with the BULLITT INTAKE. My car has a "SG2" computer in it now!

My question to you guys is What Computer is OEM for the Bullitt?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
My callibration sticker is KSG2. Hope this helps.:wink:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
KSG2 was the fix for the tip in detonation, otherwise known as the Death Rattle, and was not quite halfway through production.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I know I am not new to Mustangs (mainly 64-67 and fox body 5.0's), but what the hell was the death rattle? I guess I am not too much at risk with my computer, but like G.I. Joe said, knowing is half the battle.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,028 Posts
Tyler, give DOUBLE J a PM and see if he knows anything about it. We have him down as previous owner of #1147.....

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
installermarc said:
I know I am not new to Mustangs (mainly 64-67 and fox body 5.0's), but what the hell was the death rattle? I guess I am not too much at risk with my computer, but like G.I. Joe said, knowing is half the battle.
Do a search for death rattle. Horrible name and horrible sound. There was a thread lately started by Dizzy asking about it and there were some good answers.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Heh, I'm starting to become slightly noticed on these forums, mainly for all my questions haha.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146244

Pretty much, if you heard the death rattle, you'd know. I thought I heard it until I REALLY heard it in my car. On a cold day, turn on your car, pop it in first without letting it warm up, then rev your engine to about 2,500 RPM while driving, and you'll hear a horrible sound that sounds like metal beating on metal.

·
Registered
899 Posts
The Bullitt Launched with the KSG1 tune, which was replaced (as stated above) by the KSG2 tune.... If you need it, I have a computer with the KSG2 tune on it from the wrecked Bullitt I parted out...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts