Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings One And All,

Do we know which dealership sold the most Bullitts? Planet Ford in Houston had over 20 Bullitts in stock at one time last October. I have no idea if they personally sold them all or traded them around to other dealers. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other dealers that appeared to "specialize" in the Bullitt.

Drive Carefully!

Stan

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I know that some dealers in Va Could not get ride of them as well as some in TENN. The dealer I got mine from had about 6 that were deliverd, and did about 7 DX's with dealers in the area. but this stricks me as funny, I dont see how any dealer would have any prblem moving.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Stan,

Are you doing market research (do you work for Ford? :wink:

Seems like all your posts are related to market and sales locations. If you are from Ford, you can tell me, I won't say a word :lol:

Seriously, juts curious. No biggee, but you piqued my curiosity.

B-Man

·
Registered
716 Posts
My dealership only sold one...mine. Murrey Motor Co, Wills Point, TX.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
last time we asked YOU questions in return.....you just disappeared!! no comment no nothing

·
Registered
228 Posts
I noticed that too, BULLITBRO1. My Bullitt was sold to Capital Ford of Goldsboro and sat there for weeks before it was traded to Capital Ford of Raleigh, where I bought it three days later on a stroke of luck. My car was built in the beginning of August and was not sold until the end of October. Thank you to Steve, owner of 4930 for this info. His car and my car were built the same week and sold to the same dealerships, except mine was transferred and sold some two months later.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Sounds like we might have a mole.

·
Premium Member
18,831 Posts
Stan, only 4 DHGs at my dealer.
By the way, what was the answer to the
color/Mach/no Mach possibilities of Bullitts?
I say 56 :lol:

DHG #3875
Modifications:
BULLITT chase scene recreated on rear dash
with Revell 1/25 scale 68 GT 390 Fastback and
68 Charger R/T metal body models. Unfortunately
the hub caps don't come off the Charger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-01-18 17:53 ]</font>

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Salutations!

Wow...the "combinations" question had slipped my mind - sorry if I left anyone hanging for the solution. Thanks for reminding me to address it.

My "quick solution" turned out to be WRONG as it didn't account for duplications, e.g. DHG + Mach, DHG - Mach and Black + Mach is the same as a group containing a DHG - Mach, DHG + Mach and a Black + Mach. Fifty six is, I believe, the correct answer and I heartily congratulate all who came up with that number!

My interest in dealers, locations, stock etc. in good part likely reflects the MBA part of my background. In fact, the marketing (or lack thereof) of the Bullitt - not to mention the forces that brought it to fruition, its sales frenzy and devoted fans - would, I believe, make for a CLASSIC case study.

I am flattered that someone thought that I worked for Ford as I believe it is a great company. I may bleed blue oval blue but do not in any way, shape or form work for them now nor have I ever.

Happy Friday!

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
When I tried to get answers from my dealer, he looked at me with this totally RETARDED look on his face. (I have a whole post about this somewhere). He thought I was a disgruntled customer or from another car company. He actually said that.
Blew me away, since I was the happiest person on earth, trying to find out some cool things about my car.
He told me they sold 15...but he was talking out his a$$ about every other thing I asked him, so I absolutely DO NOT believe him.
PLUS, that dealer is right down the street from me, and I am very certain that I would have noticed. I would bet he sold 3.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-18 16:52, BULLITTBRO1 wrote:
I know that some dealers in Va Could not get ride of them as well as some in TENN. The dealer I got mine from had about 6 that were deliverd, and did about 7 DX's with dealers in the area. but this stricks me as funny, I dont see how any dealer would have any prblem moving.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I think that the reason the Bullitt didn’t do better in sales is because of 2 reasons.
1. Poor or no advertising by Ford. I didn’t see any commercial on TV or in any magazines. I just happened to be at my sister-in-laws house, when here Husband showed me the MM&FF preview of the Bullitt. That’s the only reason I even knew about it.
2. The down turn in the economy.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
My dealer never had problem, They sold I believe 5 Bullitts and brought a couple from surounding area that wouldn't sell and sold them 2

·
Registered
437 Posts
Glad there wasn't much publicity or maybe I wouldn't have found mine so late in the year. However, I love all the publicity the car is generating now!

·
Registered
724 Posts
The publicity or lack thereof was done on purpose. Did they not sell all of them? You don't see commercials for Cobras, or Saleens. Or any sports car for that matter - I have seen only one commercial for a Mustang.

·
Premium Member
18,831 Posts
Yeah, I have only seen the Mustang advertised
on TV a few times and it is included with
alot of Ford's other vehicles such as Focus,
Explorer, Taurus, etc. I have never seen
the Mustang or the Bullitt showcased on TV
or in a mag ad.

·
Registered
610 Posts
The last time I saw Mustang only spots was in late 95 into 96 when they had the "30" second "wilbur and the new modular stangs". I'll tell you what. Our cars sure don't owe much in the advertising budget do they? :roll:

·
Registered
311 Posts
My dealership, Hawkinson Ford in Oak Lawn, IL, claimed to have an allotment of 25 Bullitts. My guess would be that Mullinax Ford East/West outside of Cleveland would have sold the most. A few years ago they were the biggest Ford dealership (in terms of $$$ and volume) in the US.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts