Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to get a Black Bullitt very soon. The only problem is that I am 19 years old and car salesman like to take advantage of a young guy like me. So I was wondering how low of a price could I see in a bullitt?

I want to know how low I can go before they won't budge anymore.

Around here there are pricing them $27,380 sticker but for me to take it home the price is $29,800. That's with the TTL icluded in the last price.

I was also wondering, does anybody know how much dealerships have paid for their bullitt's?

Just an eager soon to be new owner,

Joe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dark98stang on 2001-10-09 13:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I just looked at the info on the dealer's website. The MSRP value is $26,230

I don't know anyone that works for Ford. I use to but a LLLOOOONNNGGG time ago. I use to test drive the prototype and brand new cars in Arizona. But I do know someone that works at a Ford Dealership. Would that help me?

I also heard that it might be possible for the dealership to come of 10% of the MSRP value. But I am not for sure.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I purchased my DHG #0774 for $21,119. I got a $1500 rebate and a BNSF railroad discount. Just one of the perks we get. The sticker was $27,380 and they gave me a 5yr 75,000 mile warranty with it. Is the warranty normal for Ford or is that only for the Bullitt? The dealership told me it's for "speciality" cars. Beats me.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well the above folks got some good deals. mine I paied 1000 over invoice. I wanted 500 over invoice, which is a good deal in my opinion, but they paied off my GT when I traeded it in. So i paied 26 and some change.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Stung, you didn't get screwed. That is only a little over invoice. Plus you probably got 0% financing. You did well. Besides if you enjoy the Bullitt, the price is not as big a concern.

Brad
DHG #4865
:bullitt:

·
Registered
466 Posts
I paid $25,380 for mine. I would think that $25K at 0% would be a deal most dealers would take right now as a base offer. You can probably even do better if you can play a couple of dealer off each other. Try putting out e-mails to several dealers within a 200 mile radius. The dealer I bought mine from was 150 miles away and they delivered it to me.

BTW, I'm jealous of a 19 year old that used to test drive prototype vehicles in Arizona a lloonngg time ago. How do you get a gig like that such a young age.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bullitt # 3538 went out the door for $24,156 and the best part was I opted to accept Ford's early "buy-out" on my existing leased vehicle. Dumped the previous vehicle 7 payments early, and picked up the Bullitt with no money out of pocket.

·
Registered
52 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-09 17:27, 9mmBullitt wrote:
Stung, you didn't get screwed. That is only a little over invoice. Plus you probably got 0% financing. You did well.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

yeh I'm happy! The main thing for me is, no more credit card debt! i mean if you're gonna be in debt....be in 0% interest debt!

I don't think people realize how extraordinary this is. I have never heard of anything like this. Money or rather the use of money is a commodity with value attached. To get it's use for free is something anybody should take advantage of.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I paid 22,6++ for mine. I used the x-plan after the dealer tried to screw with me. I actually went through two contracts, first without the x-plan, second with. It had to do with the trade-in. They originally agreed to pay-off my existing car for what I owed but on the contract they didn't put down what I owed and the amount was short by 1k. They called up a few days later and told me this and tried getting me to make up the difference. In other words, they wanted me to pay 1k more. That's when I went to the x-plan. Using that, I got 3.5k off the sticker price and also ended up with 1k of equity in my trade. The x-plan can be a good Ace-in-the-hole if the dealer tries to mess with you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On my last post I meant that I use to know someone that test drove prototype cars for ford, not me.

Also has anyone used EAA's membership to get an X-plan and did it save you some money in the long run. Now all I am seeing is people using X-plans to get there bullitts. I am glad I didn't pay 29,000 for one.

And also thank you for telling how much you paid out the door on a Bullitt. I really appreciate it a lot. Know I now that anything above 25,500 is way too much for a bullitt out the door including TTL.

Looks like I got about $4,000 worth of haggling to do. Plus it will be my first time doing it. I just wish someone could help me out. But I have to learn it out on my own. Thanks guys.

Now how do you haggle a price down?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Well, looks like I got the big SCREW! I sat with hubby in the dealership for HOURS going back and forth to get a good price. Finally, I wrote on the bid sheet..."if you don't take $500 off the sticker, we walk!" So, the guy took $500 off, so I paid $26,880. We were told over and over and over again, we can NOT come down off the sticker price ANY...but after several hours, they came off $500...after reading these posts, sounds like I got a royal screw job!!

Oh well, I LOVE my BULLITT!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Donna don't worry about it. The main thing is, you got the car! Five years from now it's not going to matter. Don't let a few $$$'s get in the way of enjoying your great new ride. And welcome!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Paid 26k last weekend. Happy to have it at that price. And 0.0 for 60 months makes up for a grand or two in asking price. Just pleased to have it!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am a dealer.To those talking about the price and the 0.0% finance.You can take the 0.0%APR or the 2000.00 rebate,not both.The invoice of the car is 25,346.80.That would mean if you bought one for invoice less the rebate your price after rebate would be 23,346.80.The rebate is taxable,after sales tax in Tn your total would be 24,956.32.With good credit that would be a payment of 497.87 at 60 months.With 0.0% and without the rebate payments would be 449.27
A net savings on the 0.0 side of 2916.00 after making all 60 payments.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Listed for $27,380 -- Paid $27,380, and it's worth every penny. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4995 on 2003-12-06 20:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
19 Posts
After reading all this, I think I got ripped. I paid 29+ for mine 2 months ago. I wish I found this site a long time ago. everyone here is so helpfull. Think I should go back and try again?? My payments are way high.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts