Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Blytheville, ARK, this morning and stopped in at the Ford Dealership. Had a white Shelby GT on the lot. Manager went with me for a test drive. I really like the car but it did seem big to me -- bigger than the 2008 Bullitt. I know the Shelby cannot be bigger but maybe it is just looks that way because of it being lowered, resulting in the wheels riding up higher in the wheel wells. Ford just made the Shelby GT available for 0% interest and they are dropping the price so one can probably be picked up for 36+K. Very tempting. What do some of you think about the Shelby GT?

·
Car Whisperer
20,785 Posts
It's OK in my book, at least it actually came from shelby unlike the GT 500. I wouldn't trade my Bullitt for one though.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I only like the black ones ,and I would probably switch the grille with a new bullitt grille. I agree with the above post of not paying a cent over msrp though and not trading your B in.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I love it,i would take a white one any day.The front,and rear facias,the stance,the silver stripes on white,spoilerless,ects,ects....
Some might complain about the stiffer ride,but that comes with that kind've a drop.Imagine if it was a soft ride being as low as they are,the bottom of the Shelby would be beat to death....LOL!

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
I own one and its a great mustang........ handles well, runs like the bats out of hell.... no complaints at all after 17 k miles in 10 months of it being a daily driver..... one thing u better get use to , and thats being looked at , stared at , pointed at, talked to .....no matter where you are

i like the anonymity of the bullitt better

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
yep I like them, but the GT500 really turns my crank

·
Registered
277 Posts
The SGT is one of the sexiest late model mustangs, but IMO is a complete rip-off for any price near its msrp.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
MC Q 6185 said:
The SGT is one of the sexiest late model mustangs, but IMO is a complete rip-off for any price near its msrp.
I'll second that!

I'd rather have the six banger with the sport package. Plenty of get up and go, better ride, better fuel mileage, ten grand or more less than a SGT I would imagine. And you can put the stripes on at the dealer. You'll still get the looks.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Fabulous car. It would have been nice if the Bullitt had the same suspension. The Bullitt is advertised to be lowered by 6mm. THAT'S ONE QUARTER INCH! Why bother?

I was at Brandon Ford in Brandon Florida and counted 11 SGTs. My little Ford dealer here in town has had three SGTs for 7 months now. You should be able to get a great deal on one now, well below MSRP.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
4fit? said:
I actually like the SGT better than the GT500. Just looks better overall to me. We have a white one with silver stripes at a local Ford dealer. Beautiful car.
I agree with you 100%.
In my opinion the GT 500 rims look cheap,the side rockers,and rear lower bumper facia being black look cheap aswell,those would've looked waaaayy better colour matched,and the hood looks odd,but better then a stock GT or V6,but.....:confused:
The Shelby GT on the other hand....
Now,if the '08 Bullitt was similar to this minus the hood scoop,and side scoops,and with the proper coloured spoked wheels,definatly a winner for me.LOL!I love the look of the front facia of the Shelby GT/California Special stangs.It gives that added character to the lower chin.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
well I am going ot go against the majority here and say I hate them. I can't stand Shelby and his crap company. I also do not like the new models at all. I feel the ball was dropped, and there is no way I am paying a premium for his crap.

They're ok, but I would MUCH prefer to drive a standard GT with mods over a Shelby. Just isn't me.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Yup ... different strokes for different folks........

Run whatcha brung ... and all that.

It's a tough call for Ford making a car that will appeal to the most people considering price and features that the masses will buy. Thus most of the cars are compromises that we have to set up to our own preferences.

I think the new Bullitt is a fine car but I much prefer the smaller, lighter, more-aero, fits-me-like-a-glove, original, 2001 Bullitt.

If everyone liked the same thing, cars would be pretty dull, wouldn't they?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Ezekial said:
well I am going ot go against the majority here and say I hate them. I can't stand Shelby and his crap company. I also do not like the new models at all. I feel the ball was dropped, and there is no way I am paying a premium for his crap.

They're ok, but I would MUCH prefer to drive a standard GT with mods over a Shelby. Just isn't me.
OK; Tell us how you really feel! -lol-

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
PhotoRick said:
Yup ... different strokes for different folks........

Run whatcha brung ... and all that.

It's a tough call for Ford making a car that will appeal to the most people considering price and features that the masses will buy. Thus most of the cars are compromises that we have to set up to our own preferences.

I think the new Bullitt is a fine car but I much prefer the smaller, lighter, more-aero, fits-me-like-a-glove, original, 2001 Bullitt.

If everyone liked the same thing, cars would be pretty dull, wouldn't they?
+1 Smaller 01' etc "fits-like-a-glove" That's how I felt the first time I sat in mine. Ron

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I saw one the other day at Best Buy, white with silver stripes. Looks nice. I wouldn't be one to pay that price for one though. My Bullitt has only 25,000 miles on it and is paid off. I would sure like more HP, but otherwise I think I like my car better.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't care for the fake scoops on the side and the hood. I don't like the grill and I don't like the hood or hood pins. The car looks someone got a J.C. Whitney catalog and started ordering dressup parts. It's my personal preference, but I like clean understated styling. That's what makes the '01 Bullitt and the '08 Bullitt such great looking cars. They're clean and understated. You could order a base GT and the get the Ford Racing suspension package (struts, springs, strut tower brace) and the power package ( mufflers, gears, cold air and tune) and have a car with about the same performance for serveral thousand dollars less. Fron what I understand, if you have a Ford dealer install the packages you still get a factory warantee on the mods.

·
Registered
222 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
I'll second that!

I'd rather have the six banger with the sport package. Plenty of get up and go, better ride, better fuel mileage, ten grand or more less than a SGT I would imagine. And you can put the stripes on at the dealer. You'll still get the looks.
I have to agree with you about the S197 V-6's. I have an '07 with the Pony Package (17" Bullitt style wheels and tires, GT suspension, Pony badging, laid back rear deck spoiler, side stripe) and a 5-Speed Automatic. The car has 3:31 gears and an extra gear in the automatic. It has plenty of power for normal everyday driving. Low 20's in town; high 20's on the highway. I drove a left over '06 GT and the '07 Pony. I liked the Pony better. It is a better balanced, more nible handling car. Handles like it's on rails. It is much, much more enjoyable to drive than the '02 GT that I had. There is no comparison in workmanship between the '07 and the '02. I've had the car almost a year and have an ZERO, ZIP, NADDA PROBLEMS!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts