Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've encountered something like this a handful of times. Never when racing, since I don't street race anymore. But tonight when coming home from Home Despot, I took the long way through the 12-year road construction project that we call US 441. I guess I was hoping some new fast food joint had miraculously popped up and I could get something to settle my stomach.

After four miles of trying to find a way to get past five cars, that are all doing ten mph under the speed limit, and clogging up three lanes of road...I finally get my break. I sneak in, doing the speed limit and free myself from this mini-traffic jam. Out of nowhere I hear a gurgling exhaust. Up beside me pulls a little four door car of some kind. I don't even pay any attention to it. I see a traffic light turning yellow and figure I will stop, even though I could easily make it before it turns red. This guy nails the gas. And as he crosses through the intersection, gives me the flashers.

Now, I always thought the flashers were a ricer thing given when they pull the fly-by. Can it mean other things like "haha, I made it through the yellow light because I have a far superior car." Or "I win because you put your brakes on first." Or is it just a knee-jerk reaction to anything? Of course once you get caught at one of these lights, your screwed. Because you are going to get caught at every one of the next five. Maybe he hit the flashers to tell me how stupid I was to stop there. Regardless, if I could have caught up with him, I would have liked to have followed him to wherever he was going and knocked the flashers out of his car and beat his eyes shut. I guess it's the little things that irritate me :D

·
Registered
565 Posts
maybe this guy had been behind you and like you, had been trying to navigate through the slow traffic. He probably saw it as a race, even though you hadnt even noticed him there. I've always thought the flashers mean "I win."

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
supposed to mean that person won the race
I think it mainly stems from street racing so the crowd at the starting line can see who one at the end. Also as a "haha you've been owned" move to show off to the slower car. This of course has been taken to the extreme & abused by many ricers. Also it lends itself as humor between friends in car clubs and the like :D

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
If you are not racing it often is just a way of saying "Hey, nice car" or "thanks" or "see ya later".

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Ezekial said:
supposed to mean that person won the race
I think it mainly stems from street racing so the crowd at the starting line can see who one at the end. Also as a "haha you've been owned" move to show off to the slower car. This of course has been taken to the extreme & abused by many ricers. Also it lends itself as humor between friends in car clubs and the like :D
+1 ^

·
Former Owner of 2001 DHG1557
840 Posts
Probably just Ricer common courtesy meaning one of a few things:

1. Warning, my dragging fart can is about to fall off and may crash into your vehicle.

2. Warning, my souped up turbo charged, blown nitro burning 4 banger POS is about to blow again, parts and oil slick road hazard ahead.

3. Warning, please stay back, slow moving vehicle ahead. :lol:

Lee

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
^^^^ :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i think i hurt myself laughing so hard...

shaun

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
flashers have deep emotional and psychological problems that cause they to want to show.........
oops wrong flashers
yeah what they all said

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Thanks for letting me pass !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigguns: :rotfl:

·
Registered
383 Posts
It means: I have an emergency, I'm in a hurry please get out of the way, I got the runs.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
AHAHAHAHAA loved all the comments, and yes ive used the flashers to thank someone for letting me over or letting me out kinda thing. also as a joke between friends when "racing", meaning playing around safetly. i have had the notorious fly by then flasher thing happen, and then again i have let them fly up, i drop the hammer and they dont even make it to my REAR bumper, ahahah those are the best especiall when you get to the next light and they are staring at you all hard like what you just did was luck and they let off :lo:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts