Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,779 Posts
I guess they're okay. Don't forget to add a huge trunk spoiler. Go hydraulics on the suspension while you're at it.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Hey, it's your car. Make it the way you like it. It doesn't really matter if others like it or not, it's not their car. Enjoy it how you want it. BTW, most people on here will probably disagree. That's ok though.

One thing I will caution you on is to think things through and make sure it's what you really want before making the changes or mods. Have a vision, then work to realize that vision.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
All That and Raise Ya a Few!!

I guess they're okay. Don't forget to add a huge trunk spoiler. Go hydraulics on the suspension while you're at it.
Yeppers...my BULLITT got “Spoiled” today !! Installed the Roush Spoiler!>:)>:) ...20inch Shelby C11’s Chrome Polish in transit, Nitto 555’s and Steeda lowering springs!! Along with Drilled/Slotted Rotors and Ceramic Brake Pads ! I’ll Ceramic Coat the wheels in and out before I install!!

Then CQuartz UK the entire car! Have the windows tinted already!! Lots more coming!!!! Love this car!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Hey, it's your car. Make it the way you like it. It doesn't really matter if others like it or not, it's not their car. Enjoy it how you want it. BTW, most people on here will probably disagree. That's ok though.

One thing I will caution you on is to think things through and make sure it's what you really want before making the changes or mods. Have a vision, then work to realize that vision.
My thots exactly.... my 2015 Black Magic was a true Vision...mostly subtle and a lot of one-offs !!!:wink2:

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
My 2008 Bullitt had staggered 20's on it when I bought it, rode like a log wagon, the short sidewalls don't have much give, replaced them with original wheels the day I got it home, night and day difference in ride quality.
I liked the way the staggered 20" tires fit in the wheel wells (I didn't much care for the wheel design) but I love to drive it, not just look at it.
If you want to change, it's your call and your car, but consider sticking with an 18" wheel.

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,156 Posts
I actually have been looking at the Steve McQueen Edition wheels, which are also 20", for my '19 because like the wheels you mention, they have more of the throwback look. There definitely are several considerations with the wheels you mention, one of them being that there are no staggered sizes of them. Secondly, as mentioned above, you do trade off a bit of ride comfort. Third, if you have the MagneRide suspension, that's another things to keep in mind since it was tuned with the staggered 19" setup and the wheel weight in mind. I happen to have the standard suspension, but even going to the 20s, I would have to think really hard about changing them because I like the stock set-up.

Should you change to these wheels, you definitely will achieve the more vintage look. I don't think that's a bad thing!

There is someone who turned his '18 Mustang GT at the Richard Petty Garage into a '19 Bullitt tribute with those wheels. It looks good!

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Here’s a great Video from C J Pony !! Awesome wheels!! Shelby C 11’s !! I know....too much Bling for most of you.... on our BULLITT’s !! But I will install!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just put 20"x10" all the way around. Have a different off-set in the front. Went with 275/35/20 in the front and 305/35/20 in the rear. As much as like the original, wish they had a bigger chrome/aluminum lip on the wheel. I'm running NITTO 555/G2 all around and the car rides "awesome". I don't plan on taking it to the track but still have fun driving "FRANK". I treat him like one of my kids....would never put him in danger but have a good time with him. Again, my fun comes from the looks and compliments I get from all walks of life whether it's the young kids with their phones taking photos/videos of the car when I come out of the store or the glance over and get "thumbs-up" from numerous people. My car is "MY CAR" and has my own distinct characteristics built to fit me.

I'd insert a picture but can't figure out how to do that without an act of God. Can anyone help. Pic is on my computer desktop and can't copy and paste????

1 - 20 of 32 Posts