Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching crank and chrome today and they put tnt nitrous system on the 2000 vette. What do you guys this about putting it on the bullitt? I wanna do it but i heard i would have to change the piston rings. what do u all think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-01-21 16:10 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Well,if you keep it around 75-100 HP,it might work OK. Just remember,those pistons are a bit fragile,and won't take any mistakes in fuel or timing management.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Well all I can say is guys do it,and it works for a while.....but I don't use it. Being an old gearhead,I prefer to build the power into the engine package,and sleep good at night!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Was reading on another site where they stated that our current pistons were good up to 800 HP. They also mentioned that timing and pinging were the fastest way to destroy these same pistons.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Man, don't know who came up with that info! I have read where the 2V 4.6 is good for a max of 450 HP at 6000 RPM. Remember these are good,but econo priced hyperutectic pistons,cast rods and crank. No way would they handle 800 HP. Well maybe one short time!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't think Nitrous Oxide is correct for any stock automotive application. If you want to make more HP go with the supercharger. It will pay for itself over time and would never leave you out of the game because your bottle ran out. My friends and I have a saying about Nitrous. "BOTTLES ARE FOR BABIES" Hope I haven't offended anyone. :eek:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
supercharger cost 3 to 5 thousand. i dont have that kind of money. so should i do it? do i need to change my pistons?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Norman on 2002-01-21 15:30 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Norman,I would talk to some of the people who build and sell the systems,and see how much they recommend for a stock GT setup. Better yet,try contacting Paul,of Paul's HighPerformance,517-764-7661.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
grrrrrrrr. Yes The guys I normaly run with say that the bottle is taking the easy way out, until you see the one run down the track that coast across the line cuz of the bottle

·
Registered
716 Posts
Nitrous if very hard on the engine. If you use it on your Bullitt Miss Cleo sees an engine rebuild in your future. That makes the supercharger a bit more desireable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts