Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting all the badges and door handles and antenna shaved. What do you guyz think?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Shaved? Do they have hair? :eek: :eek:

What in the world are you talking about?? :???:

I have a feeling my thoughts are a big NO. Good luck.
-Chris DHG #2066

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Trooper on 2001-10-09 01:15 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,047 Posts
Don't know but I have seen the coolsest antennas on a Cobra and GT that are bullet shaped tips! Gonna get one of those ones!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think having the door handles shaved would give the bullitt a cleaner line down the side. As far as the badges go, make sure you leave the "BULLITT" lettering on the rear. I say go for it, and would love to see some pics if you decide to do it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
4601 -- shaving is removing items from the body of the car and giving the appearance that they were never there. If you "shaved" the keyhole on the driver's side door, for example, it would look like that same area already does on the passenger side -- nothing there.

Joe

·
Registered
568 Posts
Personally, I think the door handles look ridiculous & if had the money, they'd be the first thing I removed. They totally ruin the clean lines on the door panels. Shave the hood scoop too.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
An alternative to cutting your antenna (and I agree it looks "funny" because it's too long)...
Just unscrew it at the base (3/8" wrench)and run down to Checkers or AutoZone and get a shorter black replacement. I got a shorter one that angles back a bit for the mean, leaning look...and I have the stock one in storage.
I don't know if the reception is any worse...who can listen to music when that beautiful engine is purring/growling?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I'm with you DHG-1934. My car's staying 100% stock. It's beautifull just the way it is. Besides, I think this vehicle will be highly collectible in the future (of course I'm biased) and altering it will make it much less valuable.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Well, Barry, I'll admit that only a shortage of available cash is keeping #1934 stock for now.

However, my plans are minimal anyway:

ASAP list
Welded stock sfc's
CAI (Densecharger)
Budget shift light per other thread I just read.
Minor rear suspension enhancements (per PBGas)
Tri-Ax

Long Term List
Gears (3.73)
Possibly some interior aluminum bits... I go back and forth.
Strut tower brace
Aluminum Driveshaft

Maybe List

PHP performance package (if it comes out, if it's not TOO intrusive, and if I can afford it!)

I don't really care about resale, (plan to keep until I die) but I want to be careful not to change the car into something it isn't, as well. I bought it for the "flava" as much as the performance, and I wouldn't want to give up one for the other. :smile:

Joe

Dark Highland Green #1934
Bone Stock except for a deep Zaino Shine!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG-1934 on 2001-10-10 12:07 ]</font>

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was thinking along the lines of adding a power antenna. Has anyone done this. I hate ford for being so cheap.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I would still be able to get into the car. It is like the trunk release but for the doors. It would look like the door w/o handles. Anymore questions??

·
Registered
208 Posts
On a shaved door, there is no sign of a door handle, or even that one ever existed. You use a remote, like the truck button on our remotes, that pops the door partialy open. I believe it would look awesome on the BULLITT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts