Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Project the future. What will the build order number under the hood mean...tomorrow, one year from now, ten years from now and so on?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Tomorrow=$0
Next year=$0
5 years=$0
10 years=$0
20 years=$0 unless you have anything other than #00001, maybe.

But then again I think of the Bullitt as just another Mustang with some pretty cool features.

Can you think of any other "planned" collectibles that actually became collectible?

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
I'd have to add that it really depends on the person who wants to purchase it. It is still a limited addition car and that makes it a collectable, but who is to say what that means in the future;-)... I know I would probably look for lower numbers first, but I would not expect to pay any more or less for different numbers. Except for the first one and the last one made;-)...

Take care.

Bud

·
Registered
822 Posts
I think it will depend on how many people kill there cars. In 20 plus years there will probably only be a few hundred bullitts left out there. The car's value will also depend on the condition of it and then some on the number. Yes # 1 will be more valuable than 5280 unless #1 is trashed or wrecked and #5280 is mint. So..lots of variables will go into whether or not this cars stays a collectable. Regardless, when I am 50 25 years from now..I plan on driving a pretty mint Bullitt on Sundays and be content and happy that I have a fairly rare car.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-24 18:17, Barnaby wrote:
Can you think of any other "planned" collectibles that actually became collectible?
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

'69 Dodge Charger Daytona

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-25 12:11 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Here's my guess. No.0001,of course. No.1968. No.2001. And the last Bullitt built whatever that one was,I forgot. And Nasty you are correct on the Mopar,plus I knew back then,anything with a 426 Hemi,would bring big bucks later.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Bullitt ID really won't mean much, since Ford shuffled the deck before doling them out. The VINs are the only real indication of build order.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-24 22:43, TXBullitt wrote:
Bullitt ID really won't mean much, since Ford shuffled the deck before doling them out. The VINs are the only real indication of build order.

Actually, TXBullitt, that's not quite accurate. Read this topic below and see what Mr. T says:

http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=384&forum=1

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Do you think that people actually thought that old bi-planes and war craft would ever be worth anything back when they were first produced?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-25 19:34 ]</font>

·
Registered
280 Posts
Actually, Bob,

The '69 Dodge Charger Daytona was not a planned collectable. It was built and sold to homoglate the aerodynamic aids on the car for NASCAR use.

I understand that they were unpopular with the public and some went unsold for quite some time - as late as 1974! Can you imagine a new car sitting on a dealer's lot for 5 years? Vicki's Cobra R was 1-1/2 years old when she and her husband bought it recently, but 5 years?

I can remember a few Daytona's and Superbirds in our area when I was a kid in the early 70's, even had a neighbor with a '70 Superbird, but nobody thought they were collectables.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I pretty much agree with Barnaby. These cars will probably have a higher resale value to purchase price than most cars but if you're buying it as some type of investment I have some swamp property for sale. As far as build number goes, they're not lithographs. I don't think the build number will make any difference. Actually I think the DHG color is more important 'cause that's the color of the '68 but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
On 2001-11-24 18:17, Barnaby wrote:

Yes, the 1968-1970 AMC AMX

Quote from a 1969 ad for the AMX:

"When you buy your AMX, it's production number will be set in the dash.

While this may mean a lot to collectors in the years ahead, we do want to point out that all AMX's are made with the same attention and quality .

And while possessing a lower number may have a sentimental or prestige value, it does not in any way make one AMX any better than another."

Still say this dash mounted plate is what Ford should have done.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Thanks 1302. AMX's are my first and only real automotive love. I plan to someday build one that will ride and handle just as well as our Bullitts. The power's already there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts