Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a focus FP for my novi 2000 install. I keep hearing different storys about how it might not work very well with my setup. One place told me I would need two of them. I am going with a very conservitive tune. If the MPH mongoose kit comes with this FP it has to work RIght?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cant afford a cobra tank right now. Just one focus pump should work right. How would I put two of them in anyways makes no sence to me.

·
Registered
987 Posts
blmarlow said:
Cant afford a cobra tank right now. Just one focus pump should work right. How would I put two of them in anyways makes no sence to me.
Dont worry it will work. I'm running on 1 Focus pump too with 10psi no problems.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you have to wire yours different or anything like that. I just put mine straight in much like a factory replacement.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Sure anything will work. But why did Ford spend the money to use the improved Cobra tank/pump setup when they built the 390-425 HP 4.6 Cobra? Yes it is expensive,so is the money you spend for a blower install and tune. Rather be well covered in the fuel department,with a blower. Then no worries!

·
Registered
987 Posts
blmarlow said:
Did you have to wire yours different or anything like that. I just put mine straight in much like a factory replacement.
Yeah just dropped the tank. Took the fuel pump out and reconnected the focus one took about 30min wit some help. Just make sure ur tank isnt full of gas.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I already did it months ago it was easy. I just had alot of greive from tunners. One tuner told me they were a nightmare to tune and I should get something else. Anthor tuner told me I had to have two of them or wouldnt get enough gas.

·
Registered
987 Posts
blmarlow said:
Yeah I already did it months ago it was easy. I just had alot of greive from tunners. One tuner told me they were a nightmare to tune and I should get something else. Anthor tuner told me I had to have two of them or wouldnt get enough gas.
It all depends on how much power ur trying to put out. Once u get passed 400hp then u will need a BAP.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
you'll be fine with the "stock" boost, but if you decide to go more you'll most likely need a BAP and maybe even an SCT MAF...thats what I had to do post 400rw

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool. I already have the SCT BA2400 do you know if I will need any adapters or relocating harness are anything crazy like that.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
nope the SCT Maf will be a direct replacement, but your probably gonna need some tweaking of the tune, I installed mine at the dyno, and as i remember the car ran like **** until it was tuned for the maf

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Everyone told me the same thing about the Walbro pump, even though it is the one that Vortech actually ships with their kit. I used it anyhow and 5 years later it still works fine. If I do have a problem with it I will swap to the Cobra setup because I can afford it now, but why spend the money if it works fine?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.