Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope it never comes to this, but what if Ford folded? Where would that put us (and every other Ford vehicle owner) when it comes to warranty, parts, service. Say a month after they folded your transmission went out. What then? Sorry, Charlie? Is that pretty much it? Like I said, I hope it would never happen, but it is something to think about.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yea any repairs you had done by ford would not be covered under the warranty you had from their repair department....that would suck for me since i had to get alot of tranny work done. Scary thought man! Lets just hope and pray it never comes to that!

·
Registered
969 Posts
bye bye henry

well...for starters...then you would have no reason not to go ahead and install that new supercharger since it would be hard to void a non existant warranty.

i guess that would also elliminate complaints about dealerships and salespeople. hmm...this could go on and on and on. where would it end???:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

maybe chevy would pick up our warranties to get our business in the future when they start making chevrolet mustangs.

·
Registered
182 Posts
BiteTheBullitt0793 said:
well...for starters...then you would have no reason not to go ahead and install that new supercharger since it would be hard to void a non existant warranty.

i guess that would also elliminate complaints about dealerships and salespeople. hmm...this could go on and on and on. where would it end???:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

maybe chevy would pick up our warranties to get our business in the future when they start making chevrolet mustangs.

That just doesnt sound right at all...Chevrolet Mustang...No doesnt work at all lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm not worried. They would emerge from the other side of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and still honor our warranties.

Who knows, they might see fit to spin off into smaller companies. I wouldn't be surprised to see "Mustang Motor Company" emerge as a stand-alone company. Besides, Mustang is one of their best selling vehicles of all time.

Consider the possibilities.

·
Registered
249 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
This I think will require me

MORE...........

tigerhonaker

LOL!

·
Administrator
6,521 Posts
This question is difficult to answer because at this point no one knows what "folds" means. Clearly, if the manufacturer totally ceased operations, then there would be a franchise body left around that would be unable to administer any kind of service or support dependent upon Ford being in business.

In my opinion, Ford would not cease as an entity but perhaps would be reorganized and have brands dropped (e.g. Mercury), so I don't think people would be left "in the dark."

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Tony Alonso said:
This question is difficult to answer because at this point no one knows what "folds" means. Clearly, if the manufacturer totally ceased operations, then there would be a franchise body left around that would be unable to administer any kind of service or support dependent upon Ford being in business.

In my opinion, Ford would not cease as an entity but perhaps would be reorganized and have brands dropped (e.g. Mercury), so I don't think people would be left "in the dark."

Neither do I, Tony.

I cannot even begin to believe that Henry Ford's legacy would just fold up and disintegrate, do you? I believe in this American institution despite what has happened recently. The thought of being dominated by foreign vehicle manufacturers sends chills up my spine.

It'll all work itself out. :cool:

·
Registered
930 Posts
They'd be bailed out by Ford Europe...who are doing just fine...
Some of the plants might close...a lot of people would lose jobs, but the marque would continue as it has too much brand-awareness associated with it...
A few of the models currently offeredd in the US might disappear, but the Mustang is an Iconic Car - don't expect that to disappear in our lifetimes...

On the positive side, you could all enjoy the delights of the new Focus-RS...300bhp+

·
39,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BiteTheBullitt0793 said:

Now THAT'S what I call "thinking outside the box." :lol:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Dodge Mustang "Petty" Bullitt

2013 Dodge Mustang Petty Bullitt Options:
3.4 liter Twin 76mm Turbos-- (T/A Edition)
6.1 liter Hemi (SR-9)
4.0 liter straight six
Tremec 3850-- 7 Speed, 3760 6 Speed or Paddle, AOD
Colors: Sublime, Go Go Mango, Statutory Grape, Pink Panther, "Bugody-Bugody" Blue,
Total Curb Weight: 3,100

New for 2012
-Rear Seat Delete
- 411 Gears
-Paddle Shifter or Steeda Quad-Ax Short Throw (Your Choice)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hopefully something like the demise of oldsmobile I hope. As was said before maybe some devisions would close and Ford would re-structure and honor the warranties of all thier products. Oldsmobiles go to Chevy or Pontiac dealers now.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
They would still be around,but smaller. There is still money to be made in the Replacement Parts sector. But would the parts makers still be around?
I should feel sorry for all the dealers out there. However,I still remember how arrogant most are,when times were fat city,and their crazy markups on anything hot!
"Uh,you can't afford it....It's like $60,000" For a $40,000 dollar Mustang.
Yeah,it's starting to hurt now...on the other end of the stick!

·
Registered
718 Posts
If something happens to Ford, look at all of the resouces that exist for the 1965-1973 Mustangs out there. Not to mention all of the parts suppliers for 2001 and beyond late model Mustangs. They should survive though. However, FORD EUROPE has been working on replacement models for 2011!

The 2011 Mustang Bullitt from Europe:

The 2011 Mustang Shelby:

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
clancysbullitt0987 said:
If something happens to Ford, look at all of the resouces that exist for the 1965-1973 Mustangs out there. Not to mention all of the parts suppliers for 2001 and beyond late model Mustangs. They should survive though. However, FORD EUROPE has been working on replacement models for 2011!

The 2011 Mustang Bullitt from Europe:

The 2011 Mustang Shelby:

as usual , the bullitt looks better ;-)

·
39,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
texasbullitt said:
as usual , the bullitt looks better ;-)
Ah, is that "Highland Green?" I think it's "Lowland Lime." :lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts