Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting my Bullitt up in the air,and removing the rear wheels,getting ready for the gear swap,I notice these two black wedge shape things,one on each side,at the rear of the wheel well openings,behind the tires. Might they be some kind of vibration dampners? Also take a look on the left side,behind rear wheel,and notice that huge black cylinder shaped thing,maybe the fuel pump or vapor cannister,it sure has a heavy gage steel sheild and bracket. Also note the extra bracing going from the rear frame rail to the bumper support. Lot's of places to cut weight for racing only of course! Oh well,back to work!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I'm gussing that these parts have to do with the traction control sensors?? Checks rear tire speed versus front?? That's my guess!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Those are the "quad shocks".

Somebodies idea about how to keep the rear end hooked up. The basic philosophy of if it does not move right just stop it from moving. Stangs have had those for awhile now unless you have IRS (e.g. Cobra). I believe I read somewhere that they reduce wheel hop.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No.......Just look right behind the rear tires,they are attached to the inner fender. They are black plastic coated triangular things screwed to the inner fender,over the tailpipes. The other thing is on the drivers side only,sitting on top of a large heavy support bracket.Also in the rear fender well area,behind the tire,over the exhaust,has a couple of lines,marked fuel going to it. And it isn't the fuel filter,that is plainly in view in front of the fuel tank.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-12-16 07:36 ]</font>

·
Registered
223 Posts
mus408

I noticed these boxes as well when i changed over to snow tires on the bullit yesterday. I dont have any Idea of what theey are either but they are mounted all the way back on each side of the gas tank by the back bumper.

Steve

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey,I took one off,and there is nothing to them....just plastic blocks. I checked my son's 01 Mustang,and he has them also. Also the other thing appears to be a vapor cannister.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-16 11:55, Bullitt 2075 wrote:
mus408

I noticed these boxes as well when i changed over to snow tires on the bullit yesterday. I dont have any Idea of what theey are either but they are mounted all the way back on each side of the gas tank by the back bumper.

Steve
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't let any of those Conspiracy Theorists find out about this, or before you know it, we'll be in the middle of a Top Secret government plot of Big Brother tracking our movements. :lol:

·
Registered
693 Posts
The big black round "thing" behind the wheel of the driver side I part of fuel pump system
The other ones that is plastic if part of vibration damping system I read that in some
magazine a fiew year ago

·
Registered
152 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-16 19:38, Mus408 wrote:
Hey,I took one off,and there is nothing to them....just plastic blocks. I checked my son's 01 Mustang,and he has them also. Also the other thing appears to be a vapor cannister.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

This sounds like the fuel filter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts