Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
When in a gear, clutch in, shift to neutral, clutch out, clutch in again and shift to desired gear, clutch out again. It is most commonly used in big rig trucks that have non-synchronized transmissions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BC on 2001-11-30 09:54 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-11-30 09:52, BC wrote:
When in a gear, clutch in, shift to neutral, clutch out, clutch in again and shift to desired gear, clutch out again. It is most commonly used in big rig trucks that have non-synchronized transmissions.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I haven't double clutched my 18 wheeler in 25 years. Too much work. :lol:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-01 04:13, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
I haven't double clutched my 18 wheeler in 25 years. Too much work. :lol:
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

The DMV Commercial drivers handbook said to double clutch so I did when I took the driving test for my license. That was years ago and probably the last time I did double clutch in my truck. Now I don't even use the clutch in my truck unless I have to stop.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I did exactly as you did. The DMV examiner was sort of a dork and I didn't want to do anything to give him reason to downgrade my score.

I shift every gear using the jake, so double clutching wouldn't work anyhow. :grin:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I still double clutch the freightliner daycabs we have. with the cummins m11 and the rockwell 10 sp, double clutching at least slows your shifting down enough to match the rpms. No jake though. Plus, that's how I learned...and that's what I'm used to.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
No jake??? That really sucks!

The last truck I ever drove was this 1960 Peterbilt with a 262 Cummins with a twin stick.

BTW, that's fatass me sitting on the fender at 19 years old in 1973. :lol:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-12-02 19:36 ]</font>

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't double clutch either, I only use the clutch when stoped, and to get it out of gear on deceleration. No Jake as well, no BIG hills out here.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
You want hills?? We have some dandy ones out west here! I've had my truck well past 100 mph going down a few. :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts