Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
who needs a gascap if the technology is there to do away with it..

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Should make siphoning a whole lot easier.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
But it will be more expensive to replace once it wears out.
This is very true. Probably have to purge the tank and all (1-2 day down time at minimum).

What I want to know is what will be used in place of a locking gas cap for security reasons?

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
Not a security issue? There are screens down the filler neck to prevent siponing. And the design of the flaps will prevent some one from putting something down the tube. Or at least it's supposed to. Personally IDK. May find something down inside the tank you don't want. But then again I haven't had a locking gas cap for thirty years. And I only had one when the neighbor kiddo was siphoning off my gas at night from an old Falcon I owned back in the 70s'. Obviously he only used that method of filling up when he was out of money. Brat!

Could it be that the neck has the ability to accept a locking cap? Interesting to find out before I bash a good thing.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
droopysbullitt said:
Not a problem for me. But it will be more expensive to replace once it wears out.
Would make me feel better if at least there was a locking door. . .

·
Former Owner of 2001 DHG1557
840 Posts
What about when you want to put an additive in your fuel system, like Seafoam or other cold weather, stabilizing or injector type additives? Will a funnel of the right O.D. work to get it in or not? Hopefully they have thought this device out thoroughly enough and designed it properly to allow the normal at home mechanic to do the type of stuff he needs to do to maintain the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'm not big on this idea at all.I use a locking gas cap on my mustang GT and my daily driver.
One....i know i will still have gas in my cars,two....i know know no one can put anything down the filler necks,and three....it works,why change it.
For those that forget their gas caps,that is there problem,and just think that most manufactures have some sort of tie type of connector that keeps the gas cap attached to the vehicle so you don't forget it :rolleyes: ....LOL!,......or the problem of not shutting it tight..... :confused: How many of these people are out there....really!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts