Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

61 - 80 of 248 Posts

·
Administrator
6,185 Posts
Hey all,

First of all, are you all running any extensions that may hinder site speeds?
Also, on my end, I'm experiencing 3-5 seconds of load speeds while browsing through the forum.
Could also be minor hiccups in the forum system.

Best regards,

Ed
In Firefox 56.0 (32-bit), I have the ones active as shown in the screen shot.

Attachments

·
Car Whisperer
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
no changes in any of my settings. slow down is intermittent. same as the last time it did it.

·
Administrator
6,185 Posts
At 5:42pm ET on 1/31/2018, it is taking just under 2 minutes to reply to a PM. After the reply was entered and I hit "Preview", the wait started and continued for about 90 seconds. I then hit "Submit" and the wait was about 6-7 seconds.

·
Car Whisperer
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
happening right now. super slow. took over a minute to load this reply.

·
Administrator
6,185 Posts
At this time, the response time looks OK when I use "Post Quick Reply" in this form

·
Car Whisperer
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
so far today, all right. we shall see............

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
2-13-18 Logged on at 9:20pm Eastern site has been slow to load and post replies.

Edit for additional information. Using mobile device desktop version/view.

·
Administrator
687 Posts
Any "Waiting on" messages along the bottom of your screen this time around?

Next time it's slow, can you try switching the Mobile View and see if that speeds things up at all?

Kevin

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
Any "Waiting on" messages along the bottom of your screen this time around?

Next time it's slow, can you try switching the Mobile View and see if that speeds things up at all?

Kevin
Logged about 8:30pm all was fine until about 9:00pm, began to slow. Switched to mobile, but still sluggish. No "waiting on" message.

·
Administrator
687 Posts
It's really hard to pinpoint the root of the slowness, especially since it's so hit and miss. We will continue to monitor the situation, and please keep us posted on whether you notice any major changes or "waiting on" messaging during times when site is slow.

As always, thank you all for your patience throughout all of these site quirks. We know that it can be pretty frustrating.

Cheers,

Erik

·
Car Whisperer
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
sluggish today

·
Administrator
6,185 Posts
sluggish today
Hey, Tim, when you experience this, it would be good to note the time of day and what actions you were taking. I know from debugging slow application performance in my day job, those are 2 crucial factors to help narrow down a review of error logs.

Also to Support - is there a particular diagnostic procedure that would help you with isolating whether this is somewhere along the network or onboard the web or database servers? Let us know what more we can provide!

·
Car Whisperer
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
for me, when I post on the thread that it is slow, that is when it is happening, thus why I haven't put on the time of day. I do that in hopes that they will see it right then when it is happening.

·
Administrator
6,185 Posts
Thanks for clarifying, Tim!

Reactions: VIC-TIM

·
Administrator
687 Posts
Doesn't seem to be much of pattern to your slow downs, though it does kinda go on a 24hrs slow, 24hrs fast behavior. Unfortunately, that doesn't tell me much.

It might be that the upcoming server upgrades will have a positive effect on this.

Sorry if I'm repeating, (I looked and didn't see) but what browser are you using Serpent?

Kevin

·
Car Whisperer
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #79

·
Premium Member
13,801 Posts
2-16-18 7:00pm Slow to upload photo reply to Hot Wheels of the Day thread. Also thinking it might be on my end. Just did some browsing at work today and seemed to be faster on phone data than home WiFi.

61 - 80 of 248 Posts