Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

81 - 100 of 248 Posts

·
Administrator
687 Posts
Hard to tell without testing both at the same time. You finding your home wifi is slow for other sites or just here? (if yes, then I suggest resetting your router. easy as plugging it out and in again)

Kevin

·
Registered
153 Posts
Users who are running Windows may want to keep Task Manager open in a small window with 'Always On Top' enabled. A few days ago while on IMBOC, I noticed extreme delays in opening various threads. I opened Task Manager to find that 'Windows Update Service' was using more 90% of the CPU, and Firefox was using well over 1 GB of memory. Just a few minutes ago, things froze up again, as I started to reply to this thread. I opened Task Manager to find that Firefox was using better than 80% of the CPU. I closed Firefox, restarted it and things are back to normal.

I'm using 64 bit Windows 10 and 64 bit Firefox Quantum 58.0.2. My device is a Toshiba Satellite C75 with 8 GB of memory. I do believe that Firefox has had memory management issues over the years. I think it's had to do with Firefox not releasing memory as tabs are closed. As for Windows and their update services and strategy -- I'd rather not go there..:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
687 Posts
Users who are running Windows may want to keep Task Manager open in a small window with 'Always On Top' enabled. A few days ago while on IMBOC, I noticed extreme delays in opening various threads. I opened Task Manager to find that 'Windows Update Service' was using more 90% of the CPU, and Firefox was using well over 1 GB of memory. Just a few minutes ago, things froze up again, as I started to reply to this thread. I opened Task Manager to find that Firefox was using better than 80% of the CPU. I closed Firefox, restarted it and things are back to normal.

I'm using 64 bit Windows 10 and 64 bit Firefox Quantum 58.0.2. My device is a Toshiba Satellite C75 with 8 GB of memory. I do believe that Firefox has had memory management issues over the years. I think it's had to do with Firefox not releasing memory as tabs are closed. As for Windows and their update services and strategy -- I'd rather not go there..:rolleyes:
Hey there,

Thanks for the very informative tip! Users should refer to this post :)

Cheers,

Ed

·
Car Whisperer
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
super slow now

·
Registered
153 Posts

Hey there,

Thanks for the very informative tip! Users should refer to this post :)

Cheers,

Ed
Another thing I've noticed is that Firefox drives CPU usage up to 100% at times, virtually freezing the PC. This a very common issue with Firefox Quantum -- I can't speak for other browsers. I like Firefox's features and interface, but it's not the most efficient browser by any means..

·
Administrator
687 Posts
Perhaps it's worth trying another browser just to test it out. I am using Chrome and have not noticed any issues with the speed of the site. Let us know if this continues to be an issue. I'd also suggest trying the standard "Clear your cookies and cache" to see if you notice any improvements.

Cheers,

Erik

·
Car Whisperer
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
slow again the last couple of days.

·
Premium Member
2,662 Posts
Been slow for me as well, Windows 7 pro and Chrome. No other site issues?

·
Administrator
687 Posts
Hey there,

When you're experiencing slowness, are you hanging on something?
It should be saying something along the lines of "waiting for ......"
If so, let us know the link and we'll look into it

Ed

·
Car Whisperer
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
nothing, just takes a long time to load.

·
Administrator
687 Posts
What skin are you on? Full? Classic 1 or 2?
I'm on Chrome/WIN10/Full Skin and not seeing any signs of slowness at the moment.
If you're on any extensions, I recommend turning it off and see if there are any improvements in the speed.
Is the slowness temporary? Or are you all experiencing this constantly?

Ed

·
Car Whisperer
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
think I am on classic, not sure. looks like it always did...I picked that one. does not happen all the time, periodically.

·
Car Whisperer
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
classic 1

·
Administrator
687 Posts
Thanks for clarifying. I'll try navigating the site in Classic I to see if I'm able to replicate some of the issues you've been experiencing. On your end, I might suggest trying out one of the other skins to see if you notice any change in user experience. We generally use the full skin, so maybe that one might be worth a try. Let us know if you notice any difference.

Cheers,

Erik

·
Car Whisperer
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
super slow right now. took about 3 minutes for a reply to a pm to post up.

·
Administrator
687 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that the site is still super slow for you. Everything loads pretty normally for me (on Macbook Air/Chrome). Do you find that there is a certain time of day when it's slowest? Just wondering if there might be some peak usage times coming into play here.

Erik

·
Premium Member
2,662 Posts
I'm finding it slow as well, Windows 7 pro and chrome, using "Full." Even slower at lunch time. Seems like it's only been the last month or so that it's been slow on a regular basis.
Thx Pat

·
Car Whisperer
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
as I indicated prior, when I post on here that it is slow, I post when it is happening so that would give the info as to when it is happening. thanks.

·
Car Whisperer
20,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
slow again now slower posting than loading a new page.

81 - 100 of 248 Posts