Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dots at the top of the rear window make it very difficult to get the tint to look even and clear. The look makes an otherwise great job look sub par. I know how to make the tint stick which is to rub the dots with steel wool. My installer has done this for me before with other GT's. I want this car to look exceptional. What are the rest of you doing to your rear windows when you get your car's tinted???

Bullitt #60

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tskatz on 2001-06-14 07:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
the guy who did mine just put it on it but he is going to have to redo the back window for me today cause its coming off

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had mine applied the week after I got my car. I have now had it a month and no problem with it as of yet. As far as I know all they did was apply it and rub on it some over the dots. Looks pretty even to me....but then again perfection is relative to the person viewing it.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bet your state allows limo tint. In Alabama we have to use 35% to be legal.

I got mine done today and it looks great. I used someone's suggestion from another post to cover the top with a matching strip of black vinyl. It really looks good. I will try to post a pic later.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I have an appointment week after next to get my tint and graphics job done. The tint guy is going to put the black vinyl strip on the outside top of the rear window to take care of the "dots" problem. Doing a small eyebrow "BULLITT 00365" graphic on the front window and a special graphic on the rear quarter windows. Will post pics when done.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That sounds very cool. I will post mine also. I was really worried about the top strip of vinyl but it looks great and blends into the cars astetics.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have to get mine tinted next weekend as well.

I saw the tint job on a newer GT that the dealer had done. It looked great but again, that problem with the dots was there......I call it the "matrix".

I guess I will have to get it done and not worry about it. There is a lifetime warranty on the tint job where I am getting it done anyways. They have been around a long time and do great work, so I figure that they will know what to do.

Paul G.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Well Illinois tells me that I can't have any tint darker than what comes from the factory on any window that is "Even or in front of the Drivers head" So I can't get my side windows tinted.. Or can I? This is only a fair weather car and I'm gonna do what I want with it!! $165 to get it done at the same place that does all my fathers cars.. Now to free up some fundage... :wink:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had my previous car tinted, dark on the back and back rear windows, and pretty light on the 2 front side windows. I got pulled over on I74 and the cop gave me a ticket that cost me 75 bucks and made me take it off the front sides. I wasn't even speeding and he pulled me over.

My brother got a warning for his truck, lucky bastard.

Illinois sucks. I want to register my car in Indiana but it's expensive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts