Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Read-Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this plastic cap laying on the engine next to a coil pak. Is this just left over assembly debris or is it for something? It's about 1 1/4" tall and about 3/4" around. It is hollow.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Old3321 said:
I found this plastic cap laying on the engine next to a coil pak. Is this just left over assembly debris or is it for something? It's about 1 1/4" tall and about 3/4" around. It is hollow.

If the plastic cap looks like it has been painted, it is assembly debris. It just protects certain pins and plugs during the paint process. I know that it's white but it's probably from another Mustang. If, however it is not painted, I will try to find out for you.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I found one similar but it was black and it was just laying on my rad. shroud. I am still trying to figure out what it is.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,874 Posts
Old3321 said:
:shock: GREAT SCOTT! That's either a thingamabob or a doowitchy and if I'm not mistaken it's very important to the proper operation of the whatchamacallit and doohinkey! I'd take it back to Ford and demand they fix this, PRONTO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
211 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
:shock: GREAT SCOTT! That's either a thingamabob or a doowitchy and if I'm not mistaken it's very important to the proper operation of the whatchamacallit and doohinkey! I'd take it back to Ford and demand they fix this, PRONTO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don't be silly. That's just the caragon for the vibrilating trifector dask.

Some people.....GEEZ!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Its free!!!! LOL .... I didn't get one! LOL

Rob
2008Bullitt0867

·
Registered
241 Posts
Looks like on of the shipping caps they remove from the coolant/radiator hose fittings during final assembly. I have seen them on crate motors too.

Handy little piece when you need to cap off a fitting while doing maint

·
Read-Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm surrounded by comedians!!!!! :) I just wondered if anybody else got "free" parts too? At least it wasn't part of the flux capacitor. It felt like I was down a little from the full jigawatt power output. ;) You guys are good for a laugh. Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.