Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides our BULLITT, what is your dream Mustang or the most special one in your mind?

Mine is a '69 BOSS 429. What a monster!!!! Not to mention the extremely low numbers. Just over 1,000 for '69 & '70 combined. A guy just outside of town is the original owner of oneand it's just sitting in his barn with a tarp over it. He's been offered blank checks for it and he's turned them down! I haven't seen it personally but know several who have and it is real. That is my ultimate Mustang.
Cam

·
Registered
40 Posts
Other than my Bullitt, I'd have to go with a 70 BOSS 429. Since I know I'll never get one of those in my paws, I think my realistic dream is a 70 Mach 1.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I would have to settle with (if it counts) a 1967 Shelby GT500. I LOVE THOSE...soooo happy when Gone in 60 Seconds had that as their main chase scene car! Except I cry when it gets trashed at the end...lol

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Dang.. You beat me to it.. Other than my Bullitt (she may hear me from the Garage and get Jealous) 1969 BOSS 429 of Course..

Hmmmm.. Clean lines.. Big scoop.. Forward swept "C" pillar.. NO wing.. Coincidence?

2001 DHG Bullitt #171

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blakwing on 2001-06-15 05:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
264 Posts
For some reason or another......I would love to have one of the 1968 (my Birth year) notchbacks. I almost bought an ol' 68 back when I was in University about 10 years back. It was owned by an old couple that only wanted a $1000.00 (Canadian $$$) for it and I passed it up. What a HUGE mistake. I didn't realize that the car had a 289 HI-PO or something similar to that in it and it was in flawless condition.

I ended up buying a 1979 Mustang Cobra (which I loved and built up) instead.

Sometimes you wonder at the choices you make.

Paul G.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-06-15 05:15, Blakwing wrote:
Dang.. You beat me to it.. Other than my Bullitt (she may hear me from the Garage and get Jealous) 1969 BOSS 429 of Course.

Hmmmm.. Clean lines.. Big scoop.. Forward swept "C" pillar.. NO wing.. Coincidence?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Same here. Although I like the '68 Fastback, I REALLY like the looks of the '69 Boss.

The 01 stang does have some of its styling cues. :smile:

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice pics Blackwing!! On American Musclecar last night on Speedvision they had the '69 BOSS 302 and 429. Nothing agains the 302, hell I'd drive one, but the 429 was just much "cleaner" looking with just that big hood scoop on the hood and the vents on the rear quarters. You're right that does sound kind of familiar....where have i seen that lately????? I know! MY DRIVEWAY!!!!!! Now if I could get a 429 to put beside it.
Cam

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Me, a 1968 DHG fastback Bullitt clone :wink:

A 67 fastback from the year I was born might be okay, but I like the 68. Heck, I would also consider a 68 Shelby fastback in DHG or Black.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
OK,I will be different and go the sleeper route. A 1970 Mustang Grande,notchback, ordered with the 428 SCJ engine with Shaker, 4-speed, Drag-Pack option, White with black interior, hubcaps. What do ya' think? Price about $4000.00,1970 of course.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Oh,and about that Boss 429. While reading the Nov.1969 issue of CARS magazine,they did a story on a 69 Boss 429. It was setup with headers,tuning and 4.71 gears. With slicks it ran a best of high 12s at 107 MPH. A little concerned about it not going faster,on a hunch,they removed the ram-air air cleaner,so it could get underhood and fresh scoop air, and it ran low 12s at almost 117 MPH! It couldn't get enough air thru the scoop,due to it's design!!

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A friend of mines father drove the 429 home for the guy who has it in his barn and he told me once that under 75mph it seemed like a dog. Over 75mph and watch out!! That engine wasn't at it best unless you were REALLY getting into it. When you did it was amazing. If I'd ever get one guess I'd have to move to Montana in order to really enjoy it, huh? I doubt I ever have that problem though. Can always dream....
Cam

·
Registered
225 Posts
65 or66 2+2 (fastback),330cid,6spd,3.55:1,with our Bullitts wheels, and interior of the Bullitt.
DHG paint, Now that's what I would like, and if I can fine a body, I just might get it.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,029 Posts
Hey merc! My FIRST Mustang was a 74 Mustang 11 Ghia! Ordered it bran new from the factory. I loved that car. Had it for 10 years and then really got into Mustangs when I got my 69 coupe 13 years ago. All along tho, It was the 60's style Mustangs that I liked most and the 70 & 71s. But what put it into my brain that Mustangs were THE car to have was after I went on a date with a guy in high school in his red California Special! Now that was a Mustang to die for!

Vicki

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
1969 428SCJ, drag pack, 4spd, shakerhood, GT mustang sportsroof, nothing against a MACH1 just like the rarer car.
1970 429SCJ COBRA Torino, shaker, rear window slats, 4spd, factory Tach, white blacked out hood, brown deluxe int.
Those my friends are my top 2 cars

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
When I was five years old my grandfather, Dr. Davin Schoenberger brought home a brand new 1966, Black Mustang hardtop. The car had a 289 and automatic trans. It was black on the outside and black on the inside. He kept the car until 1974 and then bought a new Mustang II. When I was a child I spent many a day sitting on that hard console with my grandfather letting me steer while he drove the car. I guess that made me a Mustang lover for life. My grandfather died in 1989 at the age of 92 and he left me a 1980 Mustang with a straight six and a automatic. It had 6000 miles in 1989. I kept the car a long time and then finally sold it back in 1996 with about 26000 miles on it. My ultimate mustang would be to have my grandfather's 1966 in the condition it was in in 1973 when he traded it for a 4 banger Mustang II. The 1966 was a sweet car and it's what brought me to the hobby. There are many Mustangs that are much more exciting but there is none more important than the one that last's in your memory as an important influence of your life. Long live the 66 I hope some collector is driving it today!

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
The Mustang II has its place in the history, but it was a stop gap measure that allowed the mustand to survive. I do admit, with out them my 50 merc would not drive as well as it does (mwwaahaha, chop, cut, and weld).

When I was a kid I just remember my dad's note lot full of Mustang II's, Vegas, Comets, Mavricks, Grimlins, Pacers, and such...just can't get into any of those cars.

Scary thought time...I was one of many who wrote to Ford not to make the Mustang fwd and a six...and thus the Probe was born. I wonder what the Bullitt would look like if the Probe had been the stang? *shudder, scream, run in terror*

1 - 17 of 17 Posts