Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im already thinking of what my next mod is gonna be and need some help in deciding. I already have the 04 Cobra nose and Hood so its only natural that I want the 04 Cobra rear bumper cover as well. I would def get tha Cobra letters shaved and smoothed out. The next option is to get a tubular K member and some good control arms with some coil overs. This help in two ways, one the obvious weight savings and two, it would be a very oppertune time as I have a set of long tubes sitting in my gargage that I am dreading to install. Ok, and my third option is to leave the other two options alone for now and upgrade my V2 blower to a JT or YSI. The V2SQ has made 580 RWHP with very conservative timing, but I am overspinning her. What would you do?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rblack4405 said:
tub it and put the big gumbies on
Nah, its a street car(lol).

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Up grade to either the T-Trim or the YSi. Because if you replace the rear bumper and do the headers and then you blow the Vortech, your out of a car until you can replace it. :)

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
How do you hook 580 rwhp on the street?

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
rblack4405 said:
How do you hook 580 rwhp on the street?
Who cares, its all fun :lol: that aside, i do think some 15x10s with some slicks would be good for the track, and/or some DRs on the wheels you have on the car would be good too.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Your car is already much more powerful than almost anything else it will run against. So unless you feel that you are damaging your Vortech, do some suspension work. That way your car will be faster than everyone else AND handle better than everyone else.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I have a set of Diamond 16x10 racing wheels with a set of 27x10.5 M/T ET streets for the track, so traction there isnt a real problem, on the street its a whole diff story. First gear is useless and its alot of fun just pointing her straight. Im up im the air with the blower, some think its great that im pushing a V2 to its limits and there is alot of diff theorys regarding its longevity at this boost level. I have been in communication with atleast 3 others that have overspun the V2 and all had no problems. I also put very little mileage on the car. Heat stroke isnt a big issue either as im dumping all boost via the Procharger Race Bypass until I hit the gas hard and then its 17-18 lbs of boost. Piece of mind says get the JT or YSI. I dont know? All comes down to MO MONEY.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts