Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bullitt is stock except for tints. I want to start some performance mods but dont know what to get first. Any suggestions??

Any specifics as to particular makers of parts to get would also be helpfull

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I would start with the shifter,I got the Steeda unit,Hi-Flow H-pipe,if you want to enhance the Bullitt sound,plus a few HP,and GEARS GEARS GEARS! 3.73s!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Black Bullitt22

A densecharger and cold air kit are essentially the same. The Densecharger uses PVC piping and other kits use metal. The PVC is supposed to keep the air colder in

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i looked into a densecharger at densecharger.com. im most likely going to order that. As for the wheel spacers, what are they for?? Any ideas as to an exhaust system??

·
Registered
946 Posts
I DISAGREE WITH YOUR CHOICES OF MODIFICATIONS. IF YOUR NOT GOING TO DO THE WHOLE FLOW IN/FLOW OUT PACKAGE(I.E. SUPERCHARGER,INJECTORS,FUEL PUMP,OFF ROAD X PIPE,MASS AIR ETC..) I WOULD PUT THE 4.10.GEARS IN ONLY,I FOUND THAT YOU WILL GET THE MOST BANG FOR THE BUCK WITH THIS MODIFICATION. I SAYING THIS FROM EXPERIENCE(I HAVE ALL THE MODIFICATIONS I LISTED ABOVE)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Double J,

Could you please tone it down a little? Writing in all CAPS = yelling. This board isn't like any other that you've ever been on and there is no need to shout to be heard.

Obviously you're a pretty knowledgable guy but SCREAMING may turn some people off and they might not listen to what you have to say.

Just an FYI. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Sorry,as you can see I am new at this(not hot rods) the computer forum thing. Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
J,

Not a problem. Just trying to help a fellow enthusiast. :smile:

Your wife's Bullitt sounds pretty impressive. Good luck with it and keep us informed of any progress.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Black Bullitt22, welcome to the board, you will love it here! :grin: As for your question, it depends on what you want to do with your Bullitt. If you want a killer drag strip car, then the 4.10's would be a great addition. If you will mostly be driving on the street with occasional track time, I think the 3.73's would be better. Either way, the Densecharger is one of the best bang for the buck mods you can do. I noticed an instant improvement in sound and power when I got mine installed. Tri-Ax or Pro 5.0 shifters are good, and Steeda underdrive pulleys are another good hp adder. The 30mm wheel spaces fill out the fenderwells better, and make it look like you are running 275's on the back, much better look! I love my Spin Tech mufflers, but there are a lot of great choices for exhaust mods, again, it depends on what you are looking for. One thing that helped me was to look at the different mods listed in members signatures, that helped me see which ones were popular. Hope this helps. :smile:

MGW Satin Trim Pieces
MGW Billet Shifter Handle
100mm Densecharger
Spin Tech Pro-Street Mufflers(Wow, what a sound!)
"Bite the Bullitt..."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MOLJAY on 2001-12-28 16:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
38 Posts
My car is stored for the winter, but I would like to make some minor mods fior spring. Is a densecharger the same as a "FIPK" by K&N? If not which is better to buy?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
i went with 3.73's, Bassani X-pipe, Steeda tri-ax shifter and Undderive pullies, Al Driveshaft, MAC Cold Air Kit, and Chip... and did it all at once... totally feel the power.. at least 40 horses more and a great sound... love it... i will supercharge when i get the money.. perhaps my birthday gift to myself in march?

·
Banned
535 Posts
The Steeda is a good shifter, go with a Flowmaster cat back, at least 3.73's (4.10's better), Aluminum driveshaft, underdrive pullies, cold air kit, Steeda timing adjuster, possibly some new headers (long tubes are better), and an h/x-pipe. Or you could go crazy like me and throw in a 318ci stroker!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts