Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still runnin' Motorcraft here...works great and lasts long time...I run 'em in my kop kar too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
PY said:
Still runnin' Motorcraft here...works great and lasts long time...I run 'em in my kop kar too.
x3 here, both our Mustangs and Sport Trac

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Not sure.......
They guy that does my oil changes does the filter and I tell him I want a quality one (not crap) so, I am hoping he is giving me what I pay for. I will have to crawl under there and check sometime.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
You boyz obviously are yet to be made aware of the untapped power to be found in none other but the infamous MOPAR filter. Why I installed one of these high horsepower generatin' filters on 2021, and let me tell you the results were no less than flabbergastin'!

Go ahead mock me, but; I tell ya there is more than one member here that can attest to the no less than spectacular results. :D

Once you have had MOPAR, you will never go back!!

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
ditto on Motercraft 820s

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
I guess I'm the only WIX fan here...from what I have read, it filters more than the Motorcrafts. But...the motorcrafts are one of the best out there. Do a search Collin, somewhere on here someone posted up a deal with comparisons of different oil filters. I think K&N was one of the worst, had the least amount of internal stuff or something. It was informative.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I also use the OEM Ford Motorcraft filter.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I read some article where a mechanic compared a bunch of different filters, but it's pretty old and a lot of the modern filters were not out then. (if you google for it, I think it's still up out there). From my memory Fram performed best "dollar-for-dollar" and the motorcaft and mopar filters tested in it were basically all the same as the fram, if I remember correctly. It's been a while since I read it and the test dates were even older than that (I'd guess like 2002)

I've ran the K&N with no complaints, I even cut it apart after to check it out (they are F*n heavy!! for a oil filter and have a lot of media in there and thicker rubber seals) I either run motorcraft, fram, or K&N depending where I am when I buy it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Purolator PureONE. In all three right now..

Partly because they are close to true blue colored. :)

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
MustangMarkus said:
Some interesting information in there. There was a blurb where they talk about factory installed filters may not be the same as those available from the dealer...very true...my '07 CVPI factory installed oil filter was quite different from the replacement FL820S. Had a heck of a time removing the factory installed oil filter during the first oil change since the FL820S cap wrench didn't fit...anyway, thanks for posting that link, Markus. :smile:

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts