Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving today and realized that i still had the original factory issued windshield wipers on my car. it got me thinking about a previous post on here about how some of us were bragging about how we still had the original windshield wash in our cars. btw.... i think mine evaporated. i now have rain x ice in there!

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I bought my bullitt a few months ago, I picked it up from a guy that had only put about 21---k miles on it.
The only thing different from the factory was the filter and oil. Even had the original mostly worn tires. lol.
Now it has about 28k but i've only changed out the shifter.

·
Premium Member
18,865 Posts
Greetings, Tim.

Long time no post(s).

Do you continue to work and reside in Kentucky?

Anyway, I still have the original factory windshield wipers installed...as well as the original factory drive belt, hoses, tires and battery. I'm ready for the original drive belt to fail...and I have a backup for the backup. You can never have too much backup. Be prepared.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Still have the original belt, hoses, windshield wipers, wiper fluid, battery, and all it would take is a few minutes to put the original wheels/tires back on.

·
Charles
13,307 Posts
I still have the original blades (on a shelf) :smile:. Does this count? I just tossed the original spark plugs during Christmas cleanup. They were boxed and shelved as well.

At 130k nothing original left. I do have a Motorcraft replacement battery though.

Based on age and not miles, I would be very leary of belt and hoses at this ppint.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I've got the original hoses, belts, and the cooling tee still intact, but all will be replaced soon (like in the next month or so) but the battery died long ago and was replaced with an Optima red top. Wiper blades don't last more than 4 months in Arkansas (when driven daily, as mine is) and I am looking into the second set of replacement tires for my steed.

On a side note (for those that don't drive their cars much- not that that is a bad thing) have all of your seals looked at. If the car is stationary for long periods of time, the seals can almost dry up. :b01: 02445 has needed a new rear pinion seal and needs the steering rack to be replaced because of this.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Original hoses, not concerend in the least bit about them. They are all still soft and looking excellent! I know they rot from the inside, but you almost always get some rot on the outside as well. Currently, none.

Replaced the belt a few months back. Original is still useable. Noticed several minor cracks and a spot or two where a single rib was gone for an inch or two. It was just starting to go out. Felt better getting it replaced with winter coming on.

Battery was replaced with factory replacement about 2 years ago. Found out later it must not have been necessary, but oh well. At least I don't have to worry about it :D

Original wipers, but blades have been replaced.

All fluids have been changed, at least once, if not more.

Brake pads twice. Ready for them again (open track killed them in 2008 :D )

96k miles. To my knowledge there has been not a single engine or drivetrain part replaced. One COP, put new Motorcraft belt pullies & tensioner on the engine, new sparkplugs, and that is it.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
New Kumho tires since my purchase in 06, the original set was like driving on ice skates. PO didn't replace anything, except the oil, filter and installed a K & N.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cochese said:
Greetings, Tim.

Long time no post(s).

Do you continue to work and reside in Kentucky?

Anyway, I still have the original factory windshield wipers installed...as well as the original factory drive belt, hoses, tires and battery. I'm ready for the original drive belt to fail...and I have a backup for the backup. You can never have too much backup. Be prepared.

still there on weekdays, i have passed the dana exit alot lately and keep meaning to call before i stop. we should do lunch or dinner next week sometime. let me know. allways up for hooters.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Orginal belts, hoses, battery, plugs, and brake pads. 54K miles, about to change brake pads, and have a bad feeling about the battery.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
grn1639 said:
Everything original except oil, gas, and mufflers... Stock tires, wheels, and springs are stacked in the corner of the garage. But I still have them! Does that count?

i got all my stock parts too, exhaust, air filter, springs, and control arms.

oops i am down two stock scatorbacks!

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
original wipers, hoses, battery, brake pads, wheels and tires (in the basement with a huge pile of all my other stock parts, lol)

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Original hoses, belts, battery, brake pads......Previous owner put an K and N filter and I had the coolant changed out plus put new tires....Just under 28k on #4507....

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Everything except fluids and tires is original. Installed new tires, flushed and changed coolant and brake fluid due to car's age. Also changed tranny from original fill to Mobil 1. Car currently at 13k miles. Purchased an extra heater hose T as these seem to be failing on other Bullitts recently. Battery still in good shape.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I still have the original 5 speed Tremec 3650.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.