Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got my h&r ss springs and im just curious as to what shocks i should use with them..would new stock be ok...? a few people told me bilstiens but idk and i dont wanna buy the wrong ****..

·
Registered
156 Posts
AK-
When I went with the H&R SS springs I added Bilsteins. They are pricey, but shox.com had reasonable pricing and shipping; comparatively at the time. As a side note with only 22,000 miles on the Bullitt my OEM "tokickos" were completely shot. I was rather surprised...the Bilsteins do a nice job of complemeting the lowering springs, it's a better ride than stock with added handling, you can't lose!

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
Bilsteins ftw

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
On my GT convertible, had just replaced the stuts with the OEM units with the Steeda Sport Springs. Works fine.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I also have H&R SS and went with Bilsteins. They helped out a ton.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I was going with the Bilsteins and SuperSports, but at the last minute decided to do something different, so I ordered a set of the new Koni STR.T for mine along with the Vogtland springs. They're on the way now, so I'll let everyone know how they are once they're installed.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Plain jane stock shocks......an....they work good :smile:....oh....new stock shocks.......

·
Registered
656 Posts
Bullitt AK said:
has anyone tried the tokico adjustables?
I did and they were great for the street, absolutely liked them. But they didn't fair to well on the track. I have the Griggs GR40 Coil-Over Kit with the Koni race valved dbl adj shocks with H&R springs. Are great on the street and awesome on the track.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts