Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it is time for me to rebuild the front end under Gail's car. I am always looking to upgrade things but not sure how far I should go! I know I am replacing the lower control arms and struts I want to make sure I don't screw up the ride hight and feel since I am VERY happy with it as it is. I have always wanted to loose a little weight up front and if I am going to be in there doing stuff anyway I might as well do it all while I am there. Anyone have any suggestions about what has worked well for them? I am open to all suggestions.

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
If you want to keep it essentially stock then use the following (my opinion):

Front:
03/04 Cobra A arms (much better handling and not much more $ than ball joints and bushings)
urethane rack bushings
Tokico struts
Bullitt springs (if needed)
urethane sway bar bushings and links

Rear:
Tokico shocks
If the LCA bushings are shot then maybe just replace the LCA's

This should make it sit a little better and handle a lot better. Or you could go crazy and add lots of other stuff.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
If you want to keep it essentially stock then use the following (my opinion):

Front:
03/04 Cobra A arms (much better handling and not much more $ than ball joints and bushings)
urethane rack bushings
Tokico struts
urethane sway bar bushings and links

Rear:
Tokico shocks
If the LCA bushings are shot then maybe just replace the LCA's

This should make it sit a little better and handle a lot better. Or you could go crazy and add lots of other stuff.
is there an actual difference on 03/04 Cobra A-Arms? I have never heard that before, and if so, what is the difference?

·
Registered
987 Posts
They push the wheels slightly forward I was told.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had looked at the 03-04 cobra lower control arms and thought I would get them. I have decided to go with the stock tokico struts and get new bushing's all the way around. I believe the stock springs are still fine but I am going to replace the isolators on them just to make sure they don't start squeaking on me. I think I will go ahead and get outer tie rod ends also. While I am in there I am going to replace my drilled and slotted rotors and see if I can find some of better quality since I have had to turn the ones I have now 3 times because they keep warping! (Of course Gail's driving doesn't help much LOL. ) Anyone have suggestions of good rotors? The car has really gotten bad about road walking when there are grooves in the road and I want to get it back to like new again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts