Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is bone stock with the exception of powerslot rotors, what should i do to gve the bullitt a little more kick. I daily drive it so i dont think i can go crazy, but you guys know better than i do so you be the judge.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Gears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
My recommendation would be 3.73s, but 4.10's would be a close second.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
First thing I would do is change shifters. I had the tri-ax and liked it.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Biggest bang for the buck would be gears. Exhaust wouldn't be a bad choice either. Just remember, if going with gears, be sure to calculate the installation labor into your final cost. I strongly recommend having a pro do it. Depending on how many miles is on your car, changing gears would be the perfect time to freshen up the rear end as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well on the gears end i just dont want sacrifice to much gas mileage, and on the shifter note, i like being able to smash my brothers hand when he tries to change the radio station, but in truth i want to do that eventually, how much of a difference was it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
luckly for me my car only has 26k on it, and i also have a mustang only performance shop right around the corner from my job. but so for it looks like the gears have it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
with gears your mileage may increase unless you do alot of highway driving...and if you can keep your foot out of the gas. If you do highway driving however gears my make you lose a little bit. MGW shifter was my favorite mod up untill i got my gears.

·
Registered
181 Posts
TomBullitt said:
what does a tune do exactly? im performance literate but not 100%
I dont know all the spacifics but it basicly changes the settings in you vehicle computer. It may control the timing or the fuel snd msny more things. I have an SCT 93 octane tune and I love it. It deffinetly gave it a little more of a kick. SCT also claims that their tuners can increase gas mileage. I have no complaints about mine.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Gears, exhaust, and tune would be a great start. I wish I would have done gears before I did my full exhaust, but oh well...

·
Registered
937 Posts
75-100 shot of nitrous. I recommend an NX wet kit.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Gears. 3.73's wont hurt MPG at all I know people running 4.30's with no difference but those r extream. Also get some nice aftermarket mufflers, like Flowmaster,or Magnaflow it will give ur car a unique sound.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
i agree with magnum347....if i were you shifter, 3.73s, 3.90s, or 4.10s. then cai, mac prochamber, and a tune. if you are going to do a tune do not waist ur time with a mail order tune, not every car is the same and cars all will need slight differences. my buddy's 07 gt had a mail order tune then had it redone by a shop and it gained 10hp and 20ftlbs of torque off just a proper tune. also no offense to ogbatman flowmasters will not give it a unique sound...almost every mustang on the road has had flowmasters at some point. bullitts sound great with just a good catless midpipe esp a prochamber. there are a few of us who have done a few mods and run the cars at the track on here

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Gears:
-3:73.1
-4:10.1

Tune:
-SCT
-DiabloSport

Shifter:
-MGW
-Pro 5.0
-Steeda Tri-Ax

Exaust:
-BBK
-SLP
-Flowmaster
-Bassani

Cold Air Intake:
-Demolet
-JLT Paint to match full length

Any combination of the above would be the best idea for someone just looking to do some minor mods. Also Along with that I would upgrade your Mass Airflow sensor as well.

***With the shifter I recommend going to www.mustangracing.com and getting their BULLITT shift ball.***

1 - 20 of 28 Posts