Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Custom chip burned? SpeedCal? What does everybody recommend? I got the 3.73's and need my speedo to be correct. What is the best way?

DHG 3840

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Speedcal, all the way for a speedo calibration. That way if you ever change tires and/or gears again you can calibrate it. I have 4.10's in my Bullitt and the Speedcal has my speedo dead on.
I changed tire sizes on my F350 and put a chip in that was supposedly programmed for the new size and it is still off a couple of mph at highway speeds.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The Abbott ERA is another (reprogrammable) alternative....I've got one on my GT and I've had no problems with it at all. They're at http://www.abbott-tach.com/era.htm

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anybody else have ideas?

DHG 3840

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KCBULLITT on 2002-01-31 07:17 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Other than the (2) above a chip is the only other way to go that I am aware of. I will prolly go with the cheapest since I have heard good things about them all and they really just do the same thing.

I just wish I could locate the real manufacturer of one of the products to set up a get GP.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Whats the installation like for these? Is it just a plug in kinda thing or is there wire splicing involved?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have heard that speedcal can mess up your cruise control. And that it doesn't hook up the way it is suppose too. Did anyone run into any problem with Speedcal?

DHG 3840

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
On 2002-01-31 17:16, KCBULLITT wrote:
I have heard that speedcal can mess up your cruise control. And that it doesn't hook up the way it is suppose too. Did anyone run into any problem with Speedcal?

I have had the Speedcal installed for months and I have never checked the cruise control. In fact I have never used my cruise control at all in my Bullitt. I will try and check it out tomorrow and get back to you.

·
Registered
132 Posts
No speed control problems at all (or any other problems) with the ERA. Don't know about installation....I'm electronically challenged and paid Slater's Mustangs in Houston to do the install for $60.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-31 17:16, KCBULLITT wrote:

DHG 3840

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

My cruise control seems to be working fine with the Speedcal.

Also it is fairly simple to install.

·
Registered
821 Posts
uh....a rolled up pair of socks???

LMAO...sorry, I could NOT resist when I saw the post headline...I'll back away now....

:nerd: Dona

·
Registered
223 Posts
Donna, I wondered if I was the only one to find this headline funny! I was going to suggest a potato, placed in the front ,not the back. There's an old joke in there somewhere......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts