Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into replacing my bullitt tips with larger ones. Does anyone have suggestions and pictures of which size/type I should get?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Go with 3 or 3.5 inch tips. I had 4 inch ones on my car that came with the Borla cat back exhaust and they were just to ricey. I went with the brushed ones from MRT and they look great. If you want I can post some pics of both.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
3.5" rolled tips are best!

·
Registered
967 Posts
i have 3 inch tips and they look great. i haven't seen them but i wouldn't recomend anything over 3.5

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
When you replace the stock tips with the 3 or 3.5, do they just cut the originals off and then weld the new ones on? After this has been done (if that is what is done), could you then change them back if you wanted to?

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
most of the aftermarket tips are sized for 2.5 inch piping which is larger than the stock pipe. They would have to weld on an adapter as well.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
The reason most aftermarket tips are made to fit onto a 2.5" pipe is because most aftermarket cat back kits use 2.5" pipe. The Bullitt Stock Cat Back is 2" pipe and as Dee says you either need an adapter for the stock pipes or you just buy a new cat back like I did.

If you buy a new cat back, the new tips just slide onto the 2.5" pipe and clamp on. You can change them out with any other aftermarket 2.5" (input) tip easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts