Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I just ran Bullitt #4584 at the dyno at Team Ford in Marietta on Saturday, and was wondering what hp numbers others are getting. I've read that a lot of Bullitts are pulling around 232rwhp, and have seen as high as 235. My first run had me a little worried, as it only pulled 226, but the mechanic asked me if I'd driven for awhile before arrival. I'd driven about an hour, so he suggested letting it sit for 30 minutes with the fan blowing on the engine. That must have done the trick, because the next run pulled 237.3!! I was very happy with that one, but they thought it might do more on the third run, but it went down to 235. I wanted to get a good baseline before I start adding mods, and I feel good about 237.3, but I wondered what you guys have been getting.

:bullitt:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Eric, were those numbers from a stock run, or after your mods? I forgot to include my torque number, it was 282.7. You have done some of the same mods that I plan to do, so I'm interested in the gains. BTW, my best track time so far was 14.851 @ 93.75mph, so I've got quite a bit of room for improvement there too! :grin:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Moljay,
Those numbers are after the mods. My car was running extremely rich and that hurts the power. I'm not impressed with the gain from the X-pipe in fact it hurt my numbers until about 400rpm where it finally started to show a positive difference. My problem is I really don't know exactly what each mod did because I did the gears, X-pipe, and densecharger in between dyno tests. I also had 4000 more break-in miles. What I am told is:

gears cost 3-5rwhp
X-pipe costs low rpm tq and Hp, but gives gain at high rpm.
Miles should have helped, but didn't seem to.
Densecharger, who knows?
My A/F ratio was a lot worse this run than last so I think that had some effect also.

I've decided to ditch the X-pipe soon and go with Long Tube headers. I may get a chip to correct the A/F to see if that helps.

Wish me luck,

Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts