Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
It was a pre-production model.....In the ad it states that the Ford Motor Company owned it before the dealer got it....Believe its been on E-bay before.....

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,829 Posts
rblack4405 said:
I thought pre-production numbers started PP----
Wait, you're RIGHT! If it was the 9th pre-production it would say "1PP09." I haven't a CLUE what the 4P business is all about, but my guess it that it went to a Ford exec to test out. You have a real mystery here.

·
40,829 Posts
Pronkie1 said:
It was a pre-production model.....In the ad it states that the Ford Motor Company owned it before the dealer got it....Believe its been on E-bay before.....
My dealership here in Cleveland got a "pre-production" model directly from Ford a while back, and it says 1PP13 on the strut.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
I think PP is 'pilot production' Cars that are built exactly the same as production cars, but built to test the production line, and often used as media cars etc.

The single 'p' I'm not sure. There are a few threads discussing this car.

·
40,829 Posts

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
The guy that stamps the second "P" on the production line was off that day. :grin:

·
40,829 Posts
BigBullitt said:
The guy that stamps the second "P" on the production line was off that day. :grin:
:rotfl: Good one! Maybe he was taking a "P" as the car rolled down the line. :lol:

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
BigBullitt said:
AHHH the same guy who was on X-mas vaction and screwed up the numbering back in January... Damn him

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Obviously, since there is only room for four characters - the "4P" means there was FOUR items starting with "P" on this series of cars - of which this one is #09.

Partial
Production
Preliminary
Package

Or:

Patty
Picks
Purple
Petunias

Or even mebbe:

Pilgrim's
Pride
Poultry
Processing

:lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.