Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
JrzyBullitt said:
They make wind noise.

That is all. Move along now.
Oh really!! Was seriously considering these for my wife's '08 GT. Like how much noise and how are they at highway speeds of 70 to 80 mph? Also, how about the back window louvers? She wants those as well to help keep the sun out of that huge back window, but if they are noisy I may have to talk her out of it...

Thank you very much! Anthony

·
Registered
90 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
I can tell you from riding in the rear of Jeff's 08 that I did not hear any wind noise at speed . He has the SHR replacement louvers. Rear window is completely replaced.
Yes, those are the ones we want for both cars, thanks Greg!!

Anybody know about the back window louver noise-wise? I don't want them for my Bullitt but she does for her GT.

Many Thanks~ Anthony

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
artillerybuff said:
Oh really!! Was seriously considering these for my wife's '08 GT. Like how much noise and how are they at highway speeds of 70 to 80 mph? Also, how about the back window louvers? She wants those as well to help keep the sun out of that huge back window, but if they are noisy I may have to talk her out of it...

Thank you very much! Anthony
Not so loud that I'm going to take them off, but loud enough that you notice it. Here's my more specific observation: I never use air-condition so I have not yet driven with the louvers on and the windows up yet. But as you probably know, driving with the windows down on a Mustang does not create a lot of wind noise. But the best way to describe the sound from the louvers is like wind gusting in an open window. These are not the SHR louvers that are flush, they are the DG Custom type that adhere to the window glass.

As far as the rear louvers go, they are perfectly silent. I had them on for some time before the side ones. No noise at all from them.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
JrzyBullitt said:
As far as the rear louvers go, they are perfectly silent. I had them on for some time before the side ones. No noise at all from them.
I should have figured as much on that one - having observed the behaviour of water-beads on the back glass of my B, I can tell there's a large pocket of nearly "dead air" back there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
JC2954 said:
I should have figured as much on that one - having observed the behaviour of water-beads on the back glass of my B, I can tell there's a large pocket of nearly "dead air" back there.
Good to know. Have never seen this myself as my Bullitt has never been driven in the rain or when wet

Anthony

·
Registered
735 Posts
I like mine and they make no noise

Can't see out of them but I never looked out those windows since i've owned the car.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have SHR flush mount and they don't make any wind noise. But with the windows rolled up, I think I hear my exhaust a little better. Now that's terribly unacceptable:tongue: !! Maybe the sound insulation is affected by the material difference between polycarbonate (plastic) and glass. And maybe it's all just my imagination:wink:.

·
Registered
930 Posts
JrzyBullitt said:
...But as you probably know, driving with the windows down on a Mustang does not create a lot of wind noise...
I get a lot of noise from just behind my head at speeds over 50mph...I think it's from the seatbelt retainer on the pillar - I can hear it flapping and vibrating - at 80mph, it's deafening and at 90mph you have to raise the window to stop the left eardrum blowing out...lol

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
artillerybuff said:
Good to know. Have never seen this myself as my Bullitt has never been driven in the rain or when wet

Anthony
I would say that this is the reason you see a "real" Mustang Racecar with a ginormous wing on the back - the little "lip spoiler" or trunklid spoiler just isn't going to do much of anything at all but "look cool".

Now, one of those surfboard-racks on a streetcar is just F'n silly.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
I have the shr flush mounts I thought the car was quieter after the install.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.