Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know, I'm a lover of both gens of bullitts. I'm getting married in May and the economy is not exactly taking off and allowing for a ton of jobs. On top of that, I still have student loan payments to make. I love the bullitt, but every amount of money will help. I'm kicking around the idea of "downgrading" to an 01. I can get a decent 40,000 miles 01 for about $8,900 judging on the prices and probably sell the 08 for approx. $23,000.

This is not something I'm in a hurry to do, but I'm looking at it as an option. My fiance' loves the car, but she said "you have to have at least 1 bullitt." So, I have to permission to have either one.

Korey

·
Registered
718 Posts
I don't know about that. Won't you lose money on your 2008? If you get a 2001 and finance it, you're still looking a more money. Low milage 2008 will last longer.

Call Washington and ask for a BAILOUT too. I mean George Washington... you'll get the same response from him as you would from Congress.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, good idea, haven't thought about the "college student" bailout plan! Very true. I have money put away right now that I Plan on investing right away.

Like I said, it wouldn't happen for a bit and most likely won't happen, but I'm just batting the idea around in my head. :) It matters how my job search goes in the next few months.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
wally05 said:
As you all know, I'm a lover of both gens of bullitts. I'm getting married in May and the economy is not exactly taking off and allowing for a ton of jobs. On top of that, I still have student loan payments to make. I love the bullitt, but every amount of money will help. I'm kicking around the idea of "downgrading" to an 01. I can get a decent 40,000 miles 01 for about $8,900 judging on the prices and probably sell the 08 for approx. $23,000.

This is not something I'm in a hurry to do, but I'm looking at it as an option. My fiance' loves the car, but she said "you have to have at least 1 bullitt." So, I have to permission to have either one.

Korey

Thats a tuff one. It depends on what you are going to do with it. If you drive it everyday keep the 08, if you only do 1500 miles a year get the 01 to save money. I dont understand, do you have to get rid of it? If not dont. Plus you may be disapointed with the 01 compared to the 08.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah, it just matters how the job outlook looks in the next few months. Personally, I loved both cars when I had an '01. I didn't see it much as a downgrade. It's completely paid for, so whatever cash I get out of it is mine. :) My goal is to get together as much money as possible for my wife and I to have a good start on while still retaining some of the stuff I really enjoy... aka, mustangs. :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No kidding, everyone is taking hits. :( Hey 01 owners... the 01 I had I loved very much. It was an awesome car. :D I'd be happy with one. If it comes down to it, I might have to do it. I hope I don't have to, though. I have great plans for #1911.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
keep the 08 dump the wife.This way you will have no money problems and your bullitt.

·
Registered
718 Posts
wally05 said:
ah, it just matters how the job outlook looks in the next few months. Personally, I loved both cars when I had an '01. I didn't see it much as a downgrade. It's completely paid for, so whatever cash I get out of it is mine. :) My goal is to get together as much money as possible for my wife and I to have a good start on while still retaining some of the stuff I really enjoy... aka, mustangs. :)
If you end up getting an 01 Bullitt it won't be a downgrade. IT'S A BULLITT! My last Mustang was a 1973 Mach 1. I was not very excited or really cared for the 1974 to 2004 Mustangs (except for the 01 Bullitt, which I could not afford at the time due to too many other toys) until 2005. This is because I am an old guy longing for the ol days.

If you are desperate for a job, they are hiring like a big dog out here. Today's high in downtown Los Angeles is predictied to be 85*F. Starting pay is btwn $56,522 to $61,095, which goes up considerably in a few years.

The downside is you have to work in LA. Since I am an "old timer" and times have changed too radically for me, I don't recommend this job unless you're desperate. You can always leave and go 'home' if you don't like it.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
my Suggestion, Korey .............

wally05 said:
Korey,

Hint, Pal

(1) Buy a 2001 Bullitt .........

(2) Start the Marriage out with the (Wife-Unit) being Happy ........

Just a Heads-Up Pal from a Veteran of Nam & 25 plus Yrs. of Marriage...........

It Paid Off in the Long-Run, many times Over...........

I Sold a 1970 LS-7 454 460HP Chevelle Show Car and put the money in this New Home ........

The Wife was Happy and as time went by I Was and Still am Happy I made that Move ........

See Pics:

This Car:

This Home:

And Thread Link:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165592

I Think Korey You can See things Worked out just Great and they will for You !!!!!!!!!!!!

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I appreciate the advice, guys. Any advice is helpful. lol, I'm not dumping the wife. she is pretty, likes guns and classic cars... I'm in heaven, so she stays. She would hate to see 1911 go. Like I said, I'll be crunching numbers and trying to figure it out right now. She has salt on her right now. :( It's below freezing in Indiana, so I can't wash her. :(

An 01 bullitt or 03 mach 1 may be in order. But the 01 bullitt fits me the best. :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Seeing how you "want" to sell the 68 GT/CS. Just lower the price and advertise in Hemmings, or find a collector out there. I'm sorry to tell you that you will NOT get 23k for your 08 BULLITT. There are still many on lots out there that can be had for less, and they are fresh. Try a refinace of it, with your local bank or find a credit union to refi it with, to lower your payments. You must have paid off some of the note by now, so just refi the balance over a longer period. Also, you might want to look at your student loan situation also, I believe there are still a lot of govt programs out there that can address those for you, and you should be able to reduce that expenditure substantually. Getting rid of the BULLITT, is a no win situation for you.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
wally05 said:
I appreciate the advice, guys. Any advice is helpful. lol, I'm not dumping the wife. she is pretty, likes guns and classic cars... I'm in heaven, so she stays. She would hate to see 1911 go. Like I said, I'll be crunching numbers and trying to figure it out right now. She has salt on her right now. :( It's below freezing in Indiana, so I can't wash her. :(

An 01 bullitt or 03 mach 1 may be in order. But the 01 bullitt fits me the best. :)
Korey,

I will be somewhere in IN. this Sunday to go to a Ice Skating Contest with my Great Niece.

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There is no refinancing to do... IT'S PAID OFF! :)

As for the price, eh, maybe I can't sell it for that much... you never know until you try! :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I understand what you're trying to do. Put 10-15 grand in your pocket and still enjoy a Bullitt. I had an 03 GT Conv Auto and I liked it very much. I will tell you that the Bullitt I got about 4 years after I owned the 03 and every time I drive the Bullitt I can't believe how different the old and new body styles are. Don't get me wrong, the 03 GT was white with tan int. and tan conv. top and had the cobra polished wheels and was bada$$ but the 08 Bullitt is so much more comfortable and muscle car-like. The older body had too much plastic going on in the interior, the ride was way choppier, and the seats sucked in my opinion. The Bullitt has so much more muscle car nostalgia styling cues and a way meaner attitude. Are you completely set as to where you want to work? The economy is rough, but it's not that bad. Don't listen to the media. There's places that are hot right now and places that are not! You will have a hard time selling the Bullitt right now, especially in your neck of the woods. You can probably sell it easier by summer but I doubt you'll get 23,000. Good Luck. Just don't do something you'll regret!

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
wally05 said:
If it's paid for, keep it, enjoy it together with your bride. If you sell it you will regret it later, if not right away.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.