Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is my birthday soon and I was going to have my parents buy me something for my car.
I am stuck between
M/T E.T. Streets 275/40-17
JLT cold air kit
Upper and lower control arms
Which will benefit my car the most and if I should get something different let me know and if I get control arms, what brand should I get and are there better Drag radials better than the M/T. I heard the M/ts just wear out fast.

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
I would get the control arms before the ET Streets. You need some beef before you damage your control arm bushings or torque boxes. Check out the Maximum Motorsports site for tech write-up on control arms. They recommend staying with stock uppers or replacing with FRPP uppers only. They offer a few lower arms. I have the HD lowers with spherical rear bushing and poly front bushing on each control arm. They recommend the XD for drags. They have speherical bushings front and rear on the control arms.

I would also have the torque boxes welded and think about full length SFC's.

They have some great tech articles on their site. I'm sure others will also chime in with some good ideas.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rangerdoc said:
What mods do you already have and how do you plan on using the car?
I have bassani o/r x-pipe, 4.10s, and mgw short throw. The car is my daily driver, but it still won't get driven except for the weekends.

·
Registered
722 Posts
If you're gonna be running a lot from a dig, then the tires. If you prefer a little more power, the CAI.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want the car to be a low 13 high 12 second car. I think I am going to buy the lca with my birthday money and have my mom buy the jlt cold air kit. Then i will buy some d/r when spring comes around. With the exhaust, 4.10s, short throw, cai, lca, and drag radials. what do you think she should run after a little practice behind the wheel.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
If you want some good E.T's,go for the tires.You will not be disappointed with those M/T's!:wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts