Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on what I should specifically look for and check BEFORE I take delivery of #1896 on Monday?

I hear a lot of things that everyone on this site comment on and complain about that seems very specific/exclusive to only the Bullitt model.

Thanks much!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,053 Posts
Make sure she has all Bullitt parts and not part GT on one side and Bullitt on the other! That seems to have happened quite a bit around here. Know all your Bullitt features and make sure you have them all. Check the paint very carefully for any factory fallout or chips. See if your tail pipe tips stick out the same distance of each other.

Vicki

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Vicki! I'll definitely do a complete check of the things you mentioned. Is/are there some specific items that you refer to that are commonly "GT" parts found in the Bullitt that should not be there???

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
My Bullitt was presented to me in the shade. I did a walk around and didn’t see any thing wrong. I had to sell another car before I could start driving the Bullitt, so I garaged the Bullitt for about a month until the other car sold. Soon after I sold my old car, I was giving my bullitt it’s first wash, and noticed several blemishes. A rub mark on the drivers side rear quarter panel, a small scratch on the lower bumper, and a blemish on the driver side door that had to have a happen during painting. All these blemishes are hard to see, especially in the shade, but once in the light these blemishes can be easily found when looking for them. So next time I get a new car, I will inspect with lots of light!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Always good advice. Thanks FastBullitt.

I'm very surprised to hear of so many paint problems (minor or major)with the new Bullitt. Wasn't this the year that Ford started using its brand new, state-of-the-art painting facility??? You'd think they would have solved all of the 'blemish' problems before switching to the new facility.

Hmmm...make me wonder about a lot of things Ford 'should have' solved by now.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I have a little over 8000 miles on my Bullitt. Even though I found some cosmetic blemish along with the Head lights with water spots, I have not had any mechanical problems.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,053 Posts
evil, yes there were quite a bit of Gt parts put on Bullitts at the factory by mistake. For instance, one rocker panel was GT on one side, make sure you have running ponies on the front calipers (rear don't come with ponies on them), some one got 1 GT front seat and 1 Bullitt seat, another person got a GT c-pillar on one side and a Bullitt pillar on the other. One person didn't get the front mud flaps on his Bullitt. Nasty Bob got a GT corral on the front grill (chrome and not blackened).

Vicki

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vicki, you've got to be kidding me! How could such stupidity happen??? Well, I guess it did happen...and quite often, by the sound of things.

Now I'm paranoid about everything (but very GRATEFUL to everyone here for all of the info). It's not so much that Ford won't fix any and all of the problems, it's just SUCH a pain to keep bringing in a car when these things pop up. My '99 Cobra had every one of the historic problems associated with it, and each time someone discovered a new problem...back to the dealer it went.

I've never been blessed with patience either.

Oh well, another 'few' things to look out for tomorrow. Thanks much Vicki!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts