Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Car Whisperer
20,795 Posts
Seems like a good deal. the 0304 cobra fronts look very nice.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
seems ok
but I don't like 03/4 Cobra fonts on Bullitts really. 99/00 look better IMHO

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Cobra Bumper Cover

Of course I like it, but just a tip: you'll need a couple extra plastic parts and it is not a direct bolt on if you keep your stock hood. You have to fill and retap the brackets where the horns attach to get them back under the lip of the hood or you'll have clashing of parts upon closing the hood.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
hockeyplayerhere said:
99-01 bumper...is that a direct bolt on
Not Sure on that, but I've seen Bullittheads with them. Someone with one might chime in with how the install went. Mods are a good thing.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Jim5081 said:
Of course I like it, but just a tip: you'll need a couple extra plastic parts and it is not a direct bolt on if you keep your stock hood. You have to fill and retap the brackets where the horns attach to get them back under the lip of the hood or you'll have clashing of parts upon closing the hood.
I have a 03 bumper coming and if you don't mind will probably PM you for better directions to get everything to match up. I think I understand what to do, you or someone else had a pretty good post on it but we will see once I get everything apart. :)

Matt

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
hockeyplayerhere said:
a good deal since they can paint it for me....what you guys think?
Just another thought. I got mine from a Ford dealer and it wasn't prepainted. I think that was a good thing as I had it on and off about 3 times to make sure it fit under the stock hood. Figuring out were to drill the new mounting holes, etc. If you go with a prepainted one, needless to say, extra care when fitting it.
Also the fixture it mounts to ia plastic and you should use some filler in the existing holes before you drill new ones. Also : big disclaimer I don't alays do things the easiest way and you may never run into the issues I do

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
I bought my new (Not OE) bumper from a place on ebay that used PERSHING as their paint people. the bumper as mentioned above wont fit exactly, especially if it isnt direct from ford. but as for the moajority of normal people who cant afford to pay a rediculous 380 to 480 dollars for an unpainted body part these deals are good enough.

As for the paint, its decent but again is a very thin coat and not very deep shine to it. keep that in mind. i didnt mine cheap and it came out kinda cheap too. but i also did this just becuase my car is going to need a full body paint job in the near future so i wassnt to worried about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts