Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

What was your odomerter reading when delivered

2K views 33 replies 27 participants last post by  mystang99 
#1 ·
I would like to see if we can determine how Bullitt numbers, build dates on the door and odometer readings compare to eachother.
Thanks

#3 ·
The sticker on my door says date 4/1. That was on a Sunday and several people's stickers say 4/1. I don't believe the plant is open on Sundays. My build sheet that we fished from behind the rear bumper says build date of 4/18.

Mileage when delivered was 13.6
DHG#344

#9 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-07-21 18:28, BULLITT 369 wrote:
I would like to see if we can determine how Bullitt numbers, build dates on the door and odometer readings compare to eachother.
Thanks

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Different subject -- Your S/N sticker appers to have the last 'T' in 'BULLITT' missing. What's up with that?

#12 ·
Haven't checked the build date on DHG#1673, but I had 38 miles on the meter and a sticker that stated that Ford's QA test drove it. Better belive I kept that sticker with all the others.
Sense it doesn't look like Ford is going to do anything about our stickers, I put a some clear epoxy over mine to protect it, and over some of the other stickers under the hood.This works good on aircraft so it should work for us.

#13 ·
My build sheet for #362 wasn't too willing to come out from the bumper. It looks like -ar (March?) 19. Its too late to look at my doorjamb.

My car had 177 miles on it before I took delivery 6/30. No wear except for lot scratches. Those were not removed as promised. A call to the GM got me talking with the Sales GM for an appointment to make it better than new Aug 6.

They'll fix everything-- I'll have that damn dealer survey waving in their faces.

#14 ·
Bullitt's weren't built on 4/01/01. If you guys/gals are thinking your build date is 4/01 because that's what it says inside the driver's door, your misinterpretting the date. 4/01 means April 2001 - it's month and year only. A car built 4/25/01 would say 4/01 on the sticker, for example.

#19 ·
Bullitt: #0428

Ordered: 2/15/01 (or thereabouts, don't recall exact date)
Build Date Door: 4/01
Build Sheet: 4/20/01
Miles: 9.3
Arrived: 5/2/01
Picked up: 5/4/01

Still Smiling! :smile:

#21 ·
Fred:

My build date says 4/01 and there where 9 miles on the ODO. Actual build date according to the build sheet was around 4/18 if I remember correctly.

By the way, it was great meeting you earlier this month. Hope we can get together with other area BullittHeads some time. I'll be back in Orlando around 8/9 for about 3 days. I may have a transfer in the wings with my company, which means that more time to drive my Bullitt.

Best regards,
Myles Gerrity

#26 ·
My car had .6 miles on it ... not sure of the build date as of yet but i will find out here shortly ... hell i just got the extra window sticker for it ...I siggest to all of you to go the for d delaer where purchased and get a new one a frame it ... They are free up to two years i believe .. see ya all later
BDSPONY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.