Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading about the Bullitt Bros. and their ages. It kinda reminded me of myself @ 18. My first ever car was a 63' Pontiac Catalina Converible. Used to power brake it in front of my girlfriends house. Ah!! Muscle car days. By the way I just turned 50. The year I got the car was 1968. Curious as to everyones first vehicle. I guess it took me a while to get it right LOL. I loved that 63' Pontiac.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-12-19 23:58 ]</font>

·
Registered
295 Posts
A 1971 Chevy Vega...:sad:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am 58 and my first car was a 1950 Ford 2 door with the good ole flathead V8.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Technically, it was a '39 Ford standard coupe. I knew I could never afford to restore it, so I sold it.

A year after High school, I bought a used '86 Ranger. I Drove it from 1988 until last month.

Scott D.

·
Registered
451 Posts

1978 Fiat 128, which looked identical to the one in this picture except for being bright yellow. It's worth pointing out that this car had a SOHC 1.3l engine and 4-wheel Independent Suspension.

At the ripe old age of 16 (17?) it took me about 3 weeks to kill this car. Fuel pump went out the very first time I drove it. Shifter fell through to the pavement on my way to my girlfriend's house a few days later. Finally, after a torturous redline-laden trip down the local cruise strip, the headgasket blew.

We junked the car, but I wish now I had kept it. Things I've read since have praised the design, if not the execution. At the time, though, I had essentially no cash, and no mechanical ability. My dad had good ability, but it was Regan-omics then, and he doubtless didn't want to pour money into trying to keep an italian car on the road.

Still miss it sometimes.

Joe

Dark Highland Green #1934

Bone Stock except for a deep Zaino Shine!

1995 4.6L Thunderbird LX in Electric Red -- R.I.P.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-02-09 18:15 ]</font>

·
Registered
153 Posts
1976 Chevy pickup. Two-tone brown and tan. Ugliest pickup you've ever seen. Blew two engines in it. By the time I stopped driving it, almost nothing on it worked. But it was one tough truck, because I was incredibly hard on it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My first was a '57 Oldsmobile "Golden Rocket" 88 Holiday Coupe. I just loved the adjectives they used to describe the car. I recall it had the "Rocket T-400" engine and the "Jetway" Hydramatic Drive. And of course not to forget the "Pedal Ease" Power Brakes, "Safety" Power Steering and of course the "DE LUX" AM Radio with the "Bi-Phonic" Speaker System (that's one in the front and one in the back). Oh, and how could I forget the "Pivot-Poise" suspension,
"Twin Strut" rear window and "Span-A-Ramic" windshield! Makes you wonder how Detroit would have advertised the Bullitt back in '57!

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Arrrggghhhh, could that Fiat picture be any bigger...get it away...my eyes, my eyes :smile:

When I was 13 my Dad gave me a job washing cars at his lot so I could pay for a 1955 Chevy (Im 34 just in case you care), but it was a bit beyond doing much with and went on to be some guys drag car. I then, with my money from working at my uncles boat dealership, bought my 69 GTO Judge (should have hung on to it, and this was when I was 15). My dad made me pay for 'em to learn the value of money and he laid down the law on what would happen if I went nuts in a car or got tickets...but I had some fast rides very young. That being said, I was an only child and he was in the car business so I had lots of other cars to drive daily. Only problem was if a profit was to be made I would wake up in the morning and find the car gone. So at 15 (and yes, I had DL at 15) I had the Judge (it ran but was a project at the time) that I paid for and I got to run around in a 77 TA my dad gave me....a car that would get you a lot of T&A in the day :wink:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yup..I shame myself still today for thinking my 93 Geo Storm was a hot car. But..as a young guy that was all I could afford..and it has been a faithful car. I still drive it in the winter (so save my mustangs). I am planning on giving it to my son when I finally have one. It was reliable, sporty enough to speed some..but not enough to get him killed.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
1971 Pinto. 1600 liter.
Oh Baby!
First car Mike and I bought three months after getting married.
He had a 62 Buick Skylark, hand me down from his mom.
My dad also gave us a 64 Valiant that Mike burned up the engine within weeks of getting it.
First Mustang - 1983 GT bought brand new - I loved that car!

J.

·
Registered
351 Posts
It was the spring of #81, while driving past a farmers house, when I firt saw it. A white Formula Firebird,saddle interior,Turbo 400
3.42 10 bolt. Needless to say, the looks combined with big block Poncho power, convinced me that this "WAS" the car I should buy.Through out the summer, that Pontiac shut down all competitors except my friends 1971 351c,boy was he happy[had a 4speed, what can I say.]Twenty years later I still own the Firebird< even though I have not taken it out for 13 years, to many memories, those were truly the Glory Days!

·
Registered
586 Posts
383 Wedge bored over with 11.8 pop-up pistons, Crane cam, Edelbrock intake, 1180 spread-bore, Isky adjustable roller rockers, roller timing chain, 7qt. Moroso sump, Hooker stainless headers, Thrush bologna mufflers bolted straight to the collectors, worked automatic with high-stall converter, 4.10 Dana Locker, Mickey Thompson Custom Radials, and all of this in....

...Dad's full-bodied Dodge Polara! I tried to strip about 400lbs. out of it. It was like some highway cop car on steroids. I know I was well into the 400+ HP and 400+ Torque ranges, but never had it dyno'd.

I had many, many, friends and 'aquaintences' join me for excursions into the most rediculous situations. Country runs, across fields, ....anywhere we could get lost. i hammered it everywhere and the car did hold up well. I was so glad dad got the 'towing package.'

Outran a NY state trooper at Lake George one summer with two teeny-boppers and a bottle of Southern Comfort under the seat. Duh, but, the cop did catch up with me later and wrote me some traffic violations. The vehicle was way too obvious. Those were the '70's.

I really like the understated appearance of my Bullitt.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
'74 Mustand II with the french made V6 and C4, perhaps the worst car Ford ever made? It was a hand-me-down from my older sister but I had to pay her $500 for it!!

Bought a '68 coupe with the strait six and C4 not long after. Drove it until my senior year in high school when my parents bought me a restored red '65 coupe 289 (A code), 3-speed manual which I sold just a few years ago.

I plan to buy a 65 fastback with a K code and manual tranny if money and time ever permit, but the Bullitt is giving me the stang fix for now :wink: BTW I am 28

·
Registered
166 Posts
My first car was a 73 pea green Torino with 302 with chrome crager mags and a new 8-track player and glass packs. My then girlfriend now wife hated the car. She still dose`nt understand cars.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
My first car was a 95 Kia Sephia, a hand me down from my father. POS car, let me tell you. The Bullitt is my third car and well, damnit! I think 3 is a charm. :smile:

1 - 20 of 200 Posts