Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what would be the best exhaust i could put on my Bullitt to add horsepower. I don't really care about it sounding louder or anything. But i am sure if it adds power then it will. I just want to know what kind would be the best exhaust systme and how much horsepower would it actually add. Also if you can give me prices too. My second question is what could i put in the car to add even more TORQUE. i don't want to put a supoercharger or anything like that i don't have too much loot to spend.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
To add power then you should replace the stock cat-back 2.25" with 2.5" and also replace the stock catted "H".
Many here are going the route of Bassani "X" with Magnaflow or Magnapack cat-back exhaust system. I think the total price for these parts would be around $700...that's just an educated guess.
Others here are going to a MAC offroad (no cats) "H" and keeping the stock cat-back exhaust for a total mod price of around $120...This will increase performance a wee bit, but a lot of guys do it for the louder, meaner sound.
I've also heard it said that the best power-adding exhausts are the higher quality total stainless steel models (which will stay in great condition longer) like Borla, but they're pricy...like approx. $650 for the cat-back section alone.
I'm not sure how to add more torque to the engine, per say, but I did add an aluminum driveshaft and 3.73 gears in the rear and that frees up the engine's torque to do its job and gives the car a more torquey feel, and helps it launch much better.
Black#5578 born Wed 8-22-01
SteedaTri-Ax,DensChrgr100mm,MGW satin & shift handle,FordRcng3.73's & Alum.Drvshft,rear mudgrds,30mm H&R spacers rear whls,AutoLogic chip

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dennis on 2001-11-04 07:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dennis on 2001-11-04 07:44 ]</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts